We are looking for a passionate Account Executive to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
As one of the first people on our sales team, you will be responsible for growing our customer base and helping teach potential customers about how using Pulumi can help them get code to the cloud faster than ever before with a consistent programming model that is more efficient and enables faster development to the cloud.
At Pulumi you will be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with an elite team of great people.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA.
In This Job You Will:
- Evaluate, qualify and direct incoming leads, gathering information and following up with appropriate decision makers.
- Answer phone, web, chat, and social media inquiries, follow up on webinar and conference leads, and pull deals through the pipeline.
- Facilitate customer engagements; helping connect customers to the right internal and external resources to follow up and close deals.
- Research outbound leads, finding the right contact people and following up appropriately.
- Know our products, competitive landscape and sales pitch to deliver the right messaging to the right audiences.
- Keep CRM up to date with accurate and detailed information, managing deals and keeping the team up-to-date.
- Look for and implement improvements to sales processes, tools, and materials.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
- Drive to build a business, hunger to find and close deals, and pride in the growth of the business.
- Relentless focus on customer success and meeting the needs of present and future customers.
- Experience selling early stage infrastructure Software as a service (SaaS) products, preferably at a start-up.
- Experience building positive professional relationships with developers and executives.
- Impeccable written, verbal, online and in-person communication skills.
- Professionalism, attention to detail, and strong follow-up.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.