Account Executive at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking an Account Executive to join our growing Sales team. This individual will engage with prospective companies in the SMB and Mid-Market segment to identify how the Skilljar platform can help them to drive key business and growth objectives. As a trusted advisor, you’ll evangelize Skilljar solutions and help prospects understand how a customer education platform can allow them to reduce customer churn, increase customer engagement, and grow customer relationships.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be flexible, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally to manage a pipeline of potential opportunities, navigate closing processes, and consistently achieve individual sales quotas.
- Identify and engage with prospective new customers via phone and email to introduce the Skilljar platform and use cases.
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through proper use of sales tools.
- Understand prospect pain points and develop a value proposition specific to the customer’s needs and business goals.
- Navigate sophisticated procurement cycles with multi-stakeholder sign-off including executives, legal, information security, etc.
- Develop and negotiate proposals and contracts.
- Build and deliver customized sales presentations and high-impact demonstrations, by phone and web.
- Collaborate effectively and engage various pre/post sales resources including Account Development Representatives, Account Managers, Solutions Consultants, and Customer Success.
- 4+ years of B2B, SaaS sales experience in a quota-carrying role.
- Experience in a consultative sales role for products/solutions that affect multiple stakeholders and areas of a customer organization.
- Proven track record to develop, implement, and execute an inside sales territory strategy with minimal oversight or direction.
- Excellent sales organization skills, attention to detail, and customer focus.
- Highly data-driven and experienced with sales automation and CRM tools.
- Ability to share, measure, and implement best practices with the team.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and constantly evolving market feedback.
- Startup experience a major plus.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.