Account Manager - Commercial Sales at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:14 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You are passionate about driving growth at a scaling company. No challenge is too big, and you thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments.
You will take ownership of:
- Achieving customer growth and retention objectives, including identifying and executing on expansion opportunities.
- Driving revenue and growth within a portfolio of Convoy’s Commercial customers.
- Analyzing customer data and sharing insights both internally and externally, as applicable.
- Operating across cross-functional teams to execute programs and deliver exceptional service.
- Driving analyses. Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Running business reviews on-site with your target customers.
- Executing on shared account onboarding process and framework with other key partners; including sales and operations.
- Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 2-8 years of account management and/or sales experience.
- Consistent track record of onboarding, retaining and growing a book of business.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a portfolio of customers.
- Strong operations or detailed account management experience (comfortable diving into the details).
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Self directed and proactive approach to work - adept at working in highly dynamic environments.
- Creative thinker able to develop new internal processes and to challenge our customers to think differently.
- Exceptional Excel/Data management skills.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience a plus.
- Technology industry and startup experience a plus.
- SQL experience a plus.
You will be evaluated on:
- Customer obsession - ability to listen and understand our customer’s business, partnering with them to deliver outstanding results.
- Delivering results -- financial and KPI performance.
- A passion for innovation, problem solving, and constant change.
- Effective communication - strong verbal, written, customer service, and social skills.
- Self motivation and independent problem solving.
- Data driven decision making.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!