Account Manager (ENT/Strategic) at Skilljar
- Manage a book of business to minimize churn, negotiate renewals, and expand business where appropriate.
- Own business level strategy and partner with Customer Success Managers on program level strategy.
- Establish and nurture the executive relationship and drive connections with all key stakeholders within an account.
- Assess and surface at-risk customers and partner with CSMs to develop a strategic plan of action to mitigate retention risk.
- Facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews along with CSMs and provide strategic insights driving business impact.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers’ business needs.
- Conduct a whitespace analysis (products, departments, divisions, use cases) and determine total opportunity within a named account base.
- Prospect within book of business to create new opportunities within new divisions, teams, subsidiaries, parent companies, etc.
- Maintain updated pipeline and sales stages based on entry and exit criteria in Salesforce.
- Log all customer activity in CRM ensuring high integrity on customer record keeping.
- Use internal Customer champions and relationships to identify new opportunities, including referrals when applicable.
- Build account plans with timelines that will translate to customer value, renewals, expansion, and referrals.
- Identify and navigate the procurement, legal, and contracts process, budget process, spending limits, procurement thresholds, and sole source options.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive Account-Based Marketing strategy and automation workflows where applicable.
- 8 years of sales experience in a SaaS solution-based sales environment, including 5+ years of Account Management experience.
- Experience with Salesforce (SFDC), Outreach, and ZoomInfo a plus.
- Must be revenue-focused with exceptional execution skills and determination to maximize the revenue opportunity for Skilljar.
- Outstanding customer empathy. Understanding the way to drive revenue is to uncover customers' largest problems and positive business outcomes, then clearly articulate our defensible differentiators.
- Motivated by driving new business opportunities while cultivating customer relationships.
- Excellent communication skills — with customers, leadership, and cross-functional teams of all levels.
- Ability to problem-solve on the fly and work cross-functionally to execute on solutions quickly and effectively.
- Results-driven and resourceful. Someone who will continuously test and iterate on their approach.
- Kindly assertive. Isn’t afraid to level-set expectations with customers or ask for their business.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.