Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
As an Account Manager for our Farmers, you will be part of Barn2Door’s Success Team. This role is crucial in our customers’ journey. Once trained and onboarded, Farmers will depend on ongoing recommendations, training and insights to optimize for their success. You will be responsible for keeping our existing customer base successful through effective customer engagement and platform adoption.
This role includes managing Farmer Accounts and requires project management, customer engagement, and ongoing training of the Barn2Door platform. You will become an expert on core product functionality, and provide feedback to the Support, Marketing and Product teams. You should be a natural teacher, confident with technology, solution-oriented, and eager to become fluent in local food and agriculture. You will be accountable for platform adoption, sales volume and Farmer renewal rates.
- Manage Farmers as they leverage Barn2Door to manage their customer relationships, including but not limited to ongoing marketing tactics
- Train Farmers on platform features and capabilities to service their end customers
- Train Farmers on digital marketing best practices (web, social, and email) to optimize regular online orders
- Track individual customer accounts, develop personas and match programs and tactics accordingly
- Monitor, measure, and map customer engagement and activity
- Help iterate on strategy and process for lifecycle marketing to Farmers
- Provide exceptional customer service using proactive communication
- Maintain great technical knowledge of the Barn2Door platform and guide our customers through relevant features and functionalities for their specific needs
- Collaborate with the Support and Product teams to ensure customer satisfaction
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter (this isn’t a theory it’s a must)
- Energized by human interaction, communication and building relationships
- Well organized, always looking to excel and over-deliver
- Able to methodically track progress, steps and results
- Hungry to learn and excel at facilitating Farmers’ Success across all online channels
- Especially enthusiastic about sustainable food, farms and restaurants
- An excellent communicator with ability to resolve customer issues with grace
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- 1-2 years experience or equivalent, as a Customer Success Manager (CSM) in SaaS (ideally with a focus on small business)
- A good understanding of CSM metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- A passion for training and communicating with customers, and the drive to help them be successful
- Excellent communication skills both to engage customers and deliver feedback to your peers and management
- Strong technical skills, and a willingness to quickly adopt new skills
- A service-oriented, can-do attitude: you are able to stay enthusiastic, positive and focus on the go-forward strategy
- Bonus: experience in agriculture, food, restaurant industries
- Bonus: experience with training
- Bonus: experience with online CRM, social and marketing management solutions (Facebook, Instagram, Hubspot, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Analytics etc.)
- $44k-$60k annual salary DOE + generous stock options and benefits
- 10 days PTO, 5 days Sick Leave and 11 Paid Holidays
- 100% premium coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision and AD&D (Employee-only)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Hip startup office environment on Eastlake (Lake Union)
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.