Hiya is revolutionizing the way people make and receive phone calls. We are one of the fastest growing mobile startups in the world. The phone dialer app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is changing this by working with mobile phone makers (like Samsung) and mobile carriers (like AT&T) to bring this innovation to more than 60 million monthly users in 196 countries. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest we have the backing from top investors in the US and Europe, and an exceptionally diverse and skilled team.
We are looking for an Account Manager with a deep knowledge of the mobile device industry landscape to play a critical role in growing and managing high-impact partnerships that accelerate user growth and engagement of Hiya services around the globe.
As OEM Account Manager, you will be responsible for defining key account strategies and driving the distribution of Hiya products and services directly with smartphone OEM’s. You will possess strong partnership experience and a proven ability to work closely with the entire Hiya organization, including Engineering, Data, Product Management, Marketing, and executive management teams.
This role is extremely critical to the success of Hiya, as you will be a key player in small but global team that interacts with the largest brand name OEM’s in the world.
- Help set and drive partnership strategy and new business opportunities with key OEM partners
- Understand customers’ business requirements and how the Hiya solution meet those requirements
- Define partnership/market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of product/program performance, aggregate feedback, and explore new strategic opportunities
- Track, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends as they relate to partner relationships
- Represent Hiya in regular external meetings and occasional workshops with relevant product and development teams, as well as in external meetings with senior executives
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business, technical, and policy issues and serving as an internal advocate
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Hiya (Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing teams) to craft and own commercial proposals and to launch products and partnerships
- Develop the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), structure deal terms, and lead negotiations
- Monitor deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled
What we expect from you:
- MS or BS in business or technical disciplines
- 8+ years of experience licensing software & services with a particular focus on OEM’s or working directly for an OEM in a business development role
- Comfortable in making executive level presentations and speaking to an executive audience
- Fluent in English and Korean written and spoken communication skills
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Consultative style with clear ability to drive strategic selling process
- Disciplined, logical and organized
- Extensive travel is required
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
This position is in Seattle at our amazing downtown office. Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.