At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Business Development at PitchBook is the engine that drives our growth and our sales team leads the way. Our Business Development Executives are instrumental in ensuring the ongoing expansion of our business. This is a highly visible role that makes a direct and significant impact.
PitchBook is a complex product with a highly sophisticated clientele of financial market professionals. Success comes from your ability to genuinely connect with and uncover the needs of a potential client and to match those needs with the countless business applications that PitchBook can provide. This takes a highly consultative, intelligent, hard worker who will go the extra mile to ensure that we're matching pain points to solutions.
Are you someone with a genuine interest in learning the complexities of the private capital market? Are you someone who is going to work hard day in and day out? Are you someone that loves to build rapport and relationships? Are you eager to help professionals, all the way to the C-Suite, find a product that can genuinely help with their key business decisions? Are you tenacious, outgoing, and a great communicator? If so, we should talk how you might contribute to the Business Development team at PitchBook!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Consistently meet and exceed sales targets
- Own the full sales cycle from first contact through close
- Build and manage a pipeline of high-quality opportunities across multiple client types
- Become demo certified in order to successfully present the platform to potential clients, showing PitchBook platform features that can achieve a clients desired objectives
- Take the time to truly understand clients' needs and business priorities, guiding potential clients through needs analysis and discovery sessions
- Maintain a growth mindset and positive attitude
- Support the vision and values of the company by setting an example and demonstrating desired behaviors
Skills and Qualifications:
- An appreciation for the PE / VC marketplace and the ability to learn and understand why and how each of our client types engages with our product and our data
- Enjoy networking and talking with new people every day. Terrific at it all the way to the Executive level
- A love of and basic understanding of technology
- Like to work independently, but love being part of a close-knit team that cheers each other on
- Generally at least 3 years of successful outside sales / business development experience, and often times with a technology product
- Experience managing opportunities and workflow using Salesforce.com
- Goal-oriented - they've got quotas to meet and they love to beat them
- Be an excellent articulator and communicator-- both verbally and in written works
- Usually have business or other related degrees
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.