About the Position
As a Business Development Rep (BDR) you will be responsible for the prospecting, negotiating, executing and launching of new partnerships with a goal of generating new business for Assurance. You will develop strategic relationships with leading Insurance Carriers, IMO/FMOs, Call Centers, Agencies and independent agents to provide them with targeted consumers to ensure revenue growth. Assurance is looking for a dynamic, high impact, relationship driven player with an impressive track record of securing successful marketing partnership deals in the insurtech industry.
What you will do:
- Identify, negotiate and sign deals with new partners from insuretech organizations to build out new revenue streams for Assurance.
- Meet or exceed monthly Revenue KPI’s.
- Have an existing network of insurance lead buyers.
- Track record of consistent and tenacious high-volume outbound efforts to build a pipeline of prospects. (calls, social, email etc.)
- Coordinate among multiple internal Account Management team to launch and manage these new partnerships; teams include marketing, engineering, legal and compliance.
- Conduct business and market evaluations periodically to identify and assess growth opportunities and to influence product development priorities.
- Anticipate potential business challenges within each partnership relationship and propose solutions and recommendations to move the business forward.
- Stay relevant with competitive insight and Insuretech industry information, trends, forward vision and perspective.
- Build communication plan to keep our team informed on Marketplace KPI’s status on a regular basis.
- Manage and grow pipeline of potential and strategic partnership targets.
- Experience using SalesForce as database management tool
- 5+ years of business experience, preferably in business development partnerships.
- Insurance Industry is preferred
- Exceptional phone, written, and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a high‐tech, fast‐paced, team‐oriented environment
- Exudes enthusiasm, a positive attitude, self‐motivation, and strong work ethic
- Demonstrable high-energy initiative.
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.