Business Development Manager at Hiya, Inc.
We believe that mobile voice calls should be secure, engaging, and protected from fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, and that the mobile network - as the largest communications network of any kind - urgently needs a trust and identity layer. You should know who's calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren't. Hiya is building the modern layer for the voice experience. We already serve over 120M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with smartphone makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to work with our business development team on the road to help us serve 1B users?
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who will focus on engaging with Hiya’s customer facing teams to engage new and existing partners in the Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) vertical. You will guide multiple customer facing stakeholders to drive strategic growth opportunities as it relates to Hiya’s rapidly maturing SaaS platform, Connect.
As the Business Development Manager, it is crucial that you understand the fundamental drivers of the CCaaS business, its customers, and its technology platforms. Your insight will be critical in making smart decisions in the pursuit of long-term business value. You will lead the execution of critical initiatives that deliver, enable top-line revenue growth, and you will directly impact overall customer experience via these CCaaS partnerships. This will be accomplished through, but not limited to, developing long-term, deep relationships with new partners, supporting those partner integrations, and nurturing those relationships into the future.
In this role you will:
- Evaluate and lead new initiatives and business opportunities with potential CCaaS partners
- Develop business models required to collaborate with CCaaS companies
- Engage with potential CCaaS partners to technically integrate the Hiya Connect platform
- Lead the negotiation required to formalize relationships with CCaaS partners
- Responsible for driving adoption and revenue goal attainment of Hiya Connect through our ongoing partnerships
- Be the main point of contact for our CCaaS partners, building a strong working relationship, and making sure our partners are getting the service for which they partnered with Hiya for.
- Be creative in navigating technical and business obstacles
- Increase partner happiness by conducting regular check-in calls for tactical items, and perform quarterly health checks for strategic reviews.
- Provide executive-level technical overviews. Foster collaboration; maintain coordination
- Initiate, define, and drive a portfolio of diverse projects, and hold people accountable for timely and defect-free delivery. Drive investment and commitment
Who you'll work with:
You will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and engage with multiple partners internally, including Sales, Product, Business Development and key Sr. level leaders within the organization. You will also work closely with Hiya’s key partners and potential customers.
You don't have to check all the boxes, but we believe these are important requirements for the role:
- Must have a minimum of 5 + years experience working in a Contact Center as a Service enterprise or a ‘Vendor to a CCaaS enterprise’ or similar role is preferred
- A background in Business Development and Product Management is preferred
- Must be passionate about partners and consistently demonstrate customer first mentality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for both internal and external audiences. Ability to craft and own a message, and to project a message that will travel well
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities, foreseeing potential challenges, and fixing root causes of dissatisfaction. Ability to resolve critical issues without intensifying the situation
- Proven background using analytics and business case modeling to drive focus on the best opportunities for creating customer value and success.
- Hardworking and active listener. Strong peripheral vision
- MBA and/or similar experience is a bonus
Hiya is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we desire to build a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. It's our intention to evaluate each candidate exclusively on the merits of their skills, competencies, and contribution to the organization.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This role is based in Seattle.