Channel Sales Manager at Trupanion
Trupanion is seeking an experienced Channel Sales Manager in our rapidly growing Breeder Support channel! This person will be collaborating with a team of leaders to build and implement strategy to reach our business goals. Are you a motivated leader who enjoys developing a team through coaching and mentoring? Are you driven to uplift the subject matter expertise from your team members and fellow leaders to reach new heights and break records? Can you facilitate the natural drive in your team, and inspire them to invest in this opportunity to build success for both themselves and Trupanion's mission?
This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Breeder Support. The ideal candidate will be effective at communicating across all levels within the company, as well as outside the organization with external partners. They will guide their team and the leaders they support to foster positive relationships with individual breeders, influencers in the space, Territory Partners, and internal teams to drive results at every stage of our partnerships. This role includes the development of technical and workflow processes to both support coaching and guidance of account managers and their performance, as well as identifying trends and opportunities for growth within the breeder channel. This position will also be responsible for creating monthly, quarterly and yearly goals which align directly to this channel's impact to our 60-month plan.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US, or out of our Seattle office, depending on their preference.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coach and align with Account Managers to set growth goals, fostering an environment of clarity and understanding of expectations.
- Inspire team to think differently and innovate as a method to exceed growth goals.
- Keep a sharp eye on the larger picture. Monitor team trends. Identify and address performance opportunities from a team, channel and company level.
- Develop and drive efficiencies in workflow processes to result in growth of productivity and the number of active referral partners.
- Help the leaders on your team own their business opportunity by finding organizations that can help leverage our overall brand and develop web-based, phone/webinar based or in-person initiatives.
- Report on overall channel spend on a monthly basis.
- Write and report on goal progress on a monthly basis.
- Working within your approved budget, use lateral guidelines to lead your team to build initiatives that drive growth in their business.
- Leverage data to help inform and drive decision making; create efficiencies, and discover opportunities for growth
- Collaborate with your fellow channel managers to reach consensus and create processes that affect multiple teams fairly.
- Continuous improvement mindset for developing oneself and their team based on areas outlined in our Trupanion Competencies such as business acumen, effective communication, managing ambiguity, and more.
- 10% travel time- work with your team to facilitate training and attendance of hosted events at dog and cat shows and events across the US and Canada.
- 3+ years' experience managing a sales team
- 2+ years' experience sales or account management
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong product knowledge, client relation, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and CRM
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to thrive in an adaptive environment
- Highly organized and responsive with great attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, strong follow up skills
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and great team collaboration skills
- Pet passionate
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We're more than insurance - we're a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.