Cloud Sales Leader at ExtraHop
As an Area Vice President, you will learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of ExtraHop’s products and technologies, competitive products, and industry trends. Your primary responsibility for the role is managing a team of cloud-focused sales managers. The cloud overlay team is responsible for increasing revenue in assigned regions/territories/districts through identifying, recruiting, and developing opportunities for generating direct sales and partnerships with resellers.
***Remote candidates in the U.S. will be considered***
- Recruit, hire, and train a cloud overlay sales team.
- Manage the team’s pipeline to provide accurate forecasting using Salesforce.com
- Provide timely and accurate field feedback to other departments within ExtraHop
- Assist your team to:
- Meet and exceed assigned sales targets by closing new accounts and growing revenues in existing customer installations
- Identify prospects for ExtraHop products through cold calls, and lead follow-up and face-to-face meetings
- Call on senior executives to understand the business, decision-making, and financing processes of your territory
- Present and demonstrate ExtraHop products to customers
- Provide customer and competitor feedback and field intelligence where available and necessary
- Prepare and implement strategic sales account plans for all customers and identify business growth opportunities in assigned customer base
- Ensure resellers and field sales engineers and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecasting revenue, and tracking to required revenue goals established by their discount tier
- Work with resellers to grow business in your territory
- Prepare and maintain an accurate sales forecast for your territory
- Network in customer and related organizations
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent in a related discipline (e.g., information technology, computer science, business, or engineering)
- Extensive Cloud experience including:
- Cloud delivered / SaaS technology
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Experience selling through respective Marketplaces
- 5-10 years managing remote field sales teams
- Track history of success selling technical solutions
- Demonstrated technical acumen to articulate ExtraHop's value proposition in a differentiated and compelling manner
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proven history of sales success in security / network / application management or related IT infrastructure solutions
- Demonstrated ability to secure meetings and close deals with senior-level executives
- Solid understanding of enterprise security is desired
- Strong independent work ethic and experience working in a dynamic culture
- Existing senior level relationships at a wide range of enterprise accounts in your assigned territory
- Ability to travel
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law