About the Position
Would you like to own driving Cloud revenue and customer engagements for the leader in cloud file data services globally? Do you have a technical and business development background in SaaS and Cloud solutions? Would you like to be part of a rapidly growing team focused on increasing adoption of Qumulo with global cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and Google? Qumulo is looking for innovative people who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where you are faced with new things every day and have the latitude to figure it out and run with it.
The Cloud Business Development Manager will drive Cloud sales with and through partners by developing and executing joint GTM activity. The ideal candidate will have experience selling cloud solutions, including a deep understanding of how customers identify, try and buy these services, along with the ability to address common concerns/objections and grow deals from PoC to production deployment across multiple solution areas. This role will focus on executing sales campaigns, lead generation and joint deal development and closure activities. Working with multiple concurrent partners on a deal-by-deal basis — cloud platform vendors, ISVs and system integrators — will be key to success. At Qumulo we work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. See more of our Cloud story: https://qumulo.com/product/cloud-products/
About the Company:
Qumulo is the leading file data platform for multi cloud environments, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at massive scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features, a single solution for all workloads, and access to customer success experts on your schedule.
At Qumulo we are building an open and collaborative culture where people can do their best work with customers as our magnetic field. We act as owners, we share by default, we are data driven and experimental and as an inclusive workplace, we welcome and celebrate multiple points of view. As part of our culture we believe diversity drives innovation.
- Develop strategy and execute regional Go to Market programs for Qumulo Cloud services adoption. Identify specific customer segments, partners, and accounts to approach with a value proposition for using Qumulo’s.
- Build out technical relationships across our business development plan, focused around consistent growth of market share, new logo acquisition, and a predictable stream of Cloud revenue and bookings.
- Work with Qumulo’s field organizations to engage Cloud partners AWS, Azure, GCP, owning the day-to-day interactions with existing and greenfield accounts to identify needs met through Qumulo’s Cloud Services.
- Educate and enable the sales teams and Qumulo Consulting Partners to increase visibility of Qumulo cloud solutions.
- Prepare and provide business reviews and executive communication to the senior management team.
- Ability to travel up to 30% as necessary to implement new programs, meet with customers, prospects, partners, account teams.
- Responsible for upholding Qumulo Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Direct work in developing sales solutions and partnership programs with Cloud Providers, Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive Cloud technology, utility pricing models, open source software, Data and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery.
- Vertical Industry domain expertise working in one or more of these industries: Health & Life Sciences, Genomics, HPC research, Manufacturing, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Retail, Media & Entertainment, Financial Services, Public Sector.
- Proven ability to drive adoption of technology solutions in complex environments directly to customers and through technology partners, System Integrators, Resellers, and a Cloud Channel ecosystem.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services.
- Experience running teams with multi-million dollar goals, managing a sales pipeline and forecast
- Leading Software & Cloud contract negotiations with enterprise customers.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn detailed data analysis into strategic insight to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- 5-8 years’ of experience with outside technology related sales or technical business development experience
- Significant Cloud & Software business development or field sales experience, with solid understanding of Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud computing technology and utility pricing models.
- Experience selling and solutions SaaS and consumption-based software in Cloud provider Marketplaces like AWS Marketplace.
- BA/BS degree required; Computer Science or related technical field required, MBA preferred.
- Strong verbal, written communications, and presentation skills, fluent in English.
- Based in a US major Metro geography –Seattle, San Francisco
*Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background screening
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.