Customer Development Account Executive
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, outgoing and tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our expanding Customer Development team. As an Account Executive, your role will be focused on generating new business from existing clients as their product specialist, identifying opportunities for upselling, and increasing individual account values. Additionally, you will partner closely with our Account Management team who will transfer qualified opportunities into your book. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality as well as a desire to close new business.
Joining the Customer Development team is an opportunity to flex your skills in both Customer Success and Sales. Contributing at a high level in the Account Executive role will open opportunities to move throughout our growing organization.
Sprout Social is used by over 24,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Strategize, negotiate, and close business on a monthly cycle
- Generate a portion of new business through your own outbound prospecting into our existing account pool
- Work with our Account Management team to handle the transfer of all qualified inbound and outbound opportunities ensuring a smooth customer experience
- Identify customer requirements and expectations in order to make tailored recommendations to increase account contract sizes
- Prioritize opportunities, research prospects, and position Sprout Social within the context of the account’s business requirements
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to consistently build a sales pipeline
- Maximize values of accounts by achieving high win rates and contract sizes
- Exceed activity and pipeline goals on a monthly basis
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in inside sales or account management, preferably with a SaaS company
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field OR equivalent experience
- Social media experience is a plus
- Equally focused on customer needs and sales goals
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities, and taking the initiative
- Track record of overachieving against defined metrics
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email, and webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Understand and apply effective business development strategies and techniques
- A passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
- Willingness to work in a collaborative work environment
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Seattle
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- More healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!