Director, Account Management at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Director, Account Management to lead our fast-growing Account Management team. This position will report to the VP, Customer Success. The AM team is primarily responsible for driving value, retention, and growth within our existing account base. In addition to outstanding sales and customer relationship skills, you will be joining a rapidly growing team, where you will drive team development and scalability. This is an excellent opportunity to lead our AM team to maximize annual recurring revenue and ensure customer retention and overall account health.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment! You must be forward-thinking, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities:
- Direct an AM team that manages our clients ranging from SMB to Fortune 500 companies, with our largest segment centered around Mid-Market accounts.
- Responsible for monitoring and coaching team to exceed expansion and retention targets
- Drive healthy expansion of existing accounts and maintain a low churn rate through strong customer relationships at all levels of the customer organization.
- Lead lifecycle management for each account by understanding the nuances of the buying cycle, including buyer journey (how they buy, why they buy, when they buy), procurement, legal, and contracts process, budget process, spending limits, procurement thresholds, and sole source options.
- Map and manage accounts to identify expansion opportunities, identify potential issues and churn risk within Accounts and work proactively with the wider business to take timely and effective action to eliminate risk.
- the strategy and design of the AM organization, processes and best practices for each customer segment.
- Identify critical activities needed for each type of customer, to drive retention and growth of the account base.
- Serve as coach to team and an escalation point, provide troubleshooting and reconciliation of both internal and external escalations.
- Will develop and manage ongoing executive sponsorship program to ensure strong long term business relationships
- 5+ years of management experience – including at least three years heading a successful account management organization in an enterprise software environment.
- Proven success exceeding both expansion and retention targets
- Provide continuous mentorship and development of the team which includes recruiting, hiring, and training new AMs.
- Experience managing and negotiating a wide range of customer accounts, from SMB ($20K ACV) to enterprise ($1M ACV).
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic and operating plans for an Account Management department for long-term scale to include defining and optimizing processes.
- Strong empathy for customers combined with a passion for revenue and growth.
- Highly collaborative and able to build strong cross-functional partnerships with Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance.
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision internally and externally.
- Strong execution skills that drives action and accountability.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.