Director, Business Development - AWS
Amperity is a rapidly growing technology company led by repeat entrepreneurs and seasoned business leaders and technologists. Our expertise in large-scale data management, enterprise software, and machine learning has empowered us to innovate and build a paradigm-shifting solution to one of consumer brands’ most fundamental challenges today. Every brand is striving to have a more personal relationship with their customers, but the data they possess about these customers is scattered throughout disparate systems.
Enter Amperity. We have created a platform that can rapidly and intelligently unify customer data at scale, which powers our customers to make smart decisions and bring their best ideas to life. Amperity commercially launched our signature product in September 2017 and has already made significant customer traction with incredible consumer businesses like Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Gap, Moet Hennessy USA, TGI Fridays, Kendra Scott, and Wynn Las Vegas to name a few. We believe that the technology at the core of our offering will set the standard for how forward-thinking companies manage their customer data.
We stay connected through our values. We play for each other. That means we show up for each other, act with empathy, and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We're growing this company not for own personal gain, but for each other. We build for durability. That means creating something worth creating, that will endure the test of time. We do this by relentlessly focusing on our customers' success, building high-quality systems, and planning for long-term scale. We're grounded by humility and driven by ambition. We focus on making things better, today. We're hungry, we're passionate, and we love tough problems and new challenges. You don't hear a lot of "I don't know how" or "I can't" at Amperity. When faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Come join us.
- Amperity is building out the founding team for our Alliances department and is seeking a Director, Business Development, to own our partnership with Amazon Web Services, as well as our Global and National SI Partners.
- Own the end-to-end partnership between Amazon Web Services and Amperity; strategy, revenue quota and the GTM motion.
- Own the end-to-end partnership with Amperity’s Global and National SI Partners; strategy, revenue quota and the GTM motion.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to continue to extend these partnerships to drive value for both parties.
- Assist the company in defining and implementing the necessary success metrics to scale the alliance's department.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders, such as product, sales and legal to define: market opportunities, product integrations, and go to market strategy.
- Represent Amperity at executive-level engagements and build new executive relationships.
- Identify, model, and negotiate partnership opportunities across a diverse ecosystem.
- 10+ years of partnership/business development experience.
- Expert knowledge of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem.
- Experience working at a hyper-growth startup/technology company.
- Ability to manage complex partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence.
- Strong negotiation skills; experience owning the negotiation process from beginning to end.
- Familiarity with contracts and executing legal agreements.
- Strategic mindset and capable of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on complex issues.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Please see below to apply directly or contact [email protected] for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.