Director of Business Development, North America
Hiya is revolutionizing the way people make and receive phone calls. We are one of the fastest growing mobile startups in the world. The phone dialer app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is changing this by working with mobile phone makers (like Samsung) and mobile carriers (like AT&T) to bring this innovation to more than 60 million monthly users in 196 countries. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest we have the backing from top investors in the US and Europe, and an exceptionally diverse and skilled team. We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a seasoned Business Development leader with a deep knowledge of the Mobile Network Operator (MNO) landscape in the US to join our team in Seattle. You will be responsible for driving the distribution of Hiya products and services directly with MNO’s in the region and additionally, to cultivate and grow ecosystem partnerships with peer companies that can accelerate this growth.
As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for defining key account strategies by leveraging your experience in selling to MNO’s. You will work closely with the entire Hiya organization, including Engineering, Data, Product Management, Marketing, and executive management teams.
This role is extremely critical to the success of Hiya, you will report to the Vice President of Business Development North America. You will be a key player in small but global team that interacts with the largest brand name MNO’s in the world. The role is located in Hiya’s Seattle HQ office but remote candidates will be considered depending on experience and proximity to MNO HQ locations.
What we expect from you:
- Create new pipeline activity in region which leverages the existing Hiya footprint of distribution via our global OEM and MNO relationships
- Understand and clearly articulate in presentations to customers the value proposition of the Hiya solutions from a 360 degree view; including end-user benefits, MNO monetization opportunities, competitive advantages, etc. in order to help MNO’s develop an investment thesis in Hiya services
- Understand customers’ business requirements and how the Hiya solution meet those requirements.
- Work with Hiya Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing teams to craft and own commercial solutions proposals and communicate the details and value of that solution to customers in support of the overall sales proposal process
- Develop opportunity qualification, account plan, and sales strategy processes to fit the regional landscape
- MS or BS in business or technical disciplines
- 10+ years of experience licensing software & services in the mobile ecosystem.
- Identify business opportunities including up-selling, identify ongoing customer business needs.
- This role requires frequent travels.
This position is in Seattle at our amazing downtown offices. Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.