Director of Business Development at projekt202
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:50 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, October 30, 2019
At projekt202, we are focused on creating experiences that engage, innovate, disrupt and delight. Our team is passionate about user-centric design and development and enjoys delivering amazing concepts and technical solutions for our courageous clients. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our clients’ business challenges. We have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
What you care about
*You draw energy from human interaction. You're confident but not pompous.
*You are driven to know more, to know why, to ask what if.
*You're a born collaborator, and truly appreciate the perspectives of other brains. You respect and attract your colleagues and client's opinions. You believe that you very well might not know the answer. You ask great questions.
*You thrive in uncharted territory. The uncertain and unknown are your playgrounds. Your personal compass pushes you out of your comfort zones. Your leadership inspires your colleagues and earns the respect of our clients.
*You are a communicator. You are able to take an ask and turn it into understandable and actionable ideas. You break down the complex into the simple.
Position Overview: The Director of Business Development is the owner of customer relationships at projekt202. They are passionate ambassadors for projekt202’s mission and are able to articulate that projekt202 understands the software development game has changed and therefore is best choice to help client’s solve business problems.
Position Summary: The Director of Business Development (DBD) will directly source, close, and manage business opportunities that support projekt202’s service offerings. The DBD will create a targeted account list with a local/regional focus and is the owner of the customer relationship and projekt202 sales process. The DBD is responsible for running a minimum of a $3m revenue business. They will work with Practice Leads (User Experience, Information Technology, and Digital Marketing) to assist with presentations, proposal development and estimating to move opportunities through the sales pipeline and closure.
- Hunt for net new business
- Work with the Office Sales Leadership to create a sales plan which includes a regional strategy, is tied to a Targeted Account List, and includes how to cultivate the growth of existing accounts
- Create a pipeline of opportunities with a total value of three times sales quota within the Named Account List
- Capture weekly sales activities in CRM system
- Participate in weekly sales meetings
- Support the Office Sales Leadership with evolving best-in-class business development tools and processes, including establishing prospect qualification terms, sales documents, proposal review protocol, etc.
- Collaborate with the Office Sales Leadership to develop the proper pursuit team for each opportunity
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, etc.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, offerings, and client presence
- Work with the General Manager and Practice Leads on billing rates and pricing structure for each opportunity
- Successfully negotiate Statement of Work (SOW) terms and conditions with prospects and clients
- Document all client feedback and decisions during sales and account development activities
- Account Management
- Maintain customer relationships through meetings, networking, consultative sessions, and bringing other projekt202 team members, either local or corporate, into the process
- Identifies decision makers and key buying points
- Spot trends/identifies opportunities within an account
- Understand the proposed strategy and is able to suggest tactical changes as per the changing business environment or client requirements
- Engage in client conversations to understand client needs and inform/educate about projekt202 capabilities
- Work effectively with Operations and Program Management to ensure forecast accuracy and maintenance
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain key client relationships by having regular contact with all assigned accounts, gaining trust and having hard conversations
- Act as one of the key interfaces with the client when dealing with escalated issues
- Communicate and disseminate client requests to team and manage client expectations
- Escalate any problems that arise
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with all assigned accounts
- Share your excitement when your clients succeed and help them find success when they struggle
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Hunter mentality with a strong focus on new business development
- 5+ years of Solution Sales experience in Technology Consulting, Design Research, User Experience, Enterprise Technology, and/or Digital Marketing
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community, executive sponsors, and the projekt202 team
- Customer-centric, relationship-driven, strong consultative sales experience
- Highly collaborative, self-starter
- Creative / Digital agency experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.projekt202.com or find us on Twitter @projekt202.
If this sounds like you, let's talk. Please visit www.projekt202.com to hear from our leadership team on why you should join us on this amazing journey!
Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.
Read Full Job Description