Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
When you see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
As the Director of Carrier Sales, you will be responsible for heading up a carrier-focused sales and account management team to design and improve how we partner with, and create value for, carriers. This is a high-growth opportunity and your team will be responsible for sourcing and building partnerships with new carriers, actively managing these partnerships, influencing how our technology and marketplace interacts and works with carriers, improving products and processes, and launching new solutions that are mutually beneficial for carriers and Convoy. This is an exciting opportunity to run a team that is fundamentally improving our marketplace and how we partner with our carriers.
- Source and build partnerships with medium/large carriers and private/dedicated fleets, while maintaining relationships with a focus on creating value for both carriers and Convoy
- Partner with Demand, Growth, Product, and Supply teams to identify and capture new volume that is transported by our carrier partners, while maintaining high service levels
- Work with our carrier partners to continuously design and deploy new solutions for their logistics challenges
- Participate in the development, implementation, and automation of critical business processes
- Identify opportunities to increase volume, margin, and service across our marketplace
- Manage, mentor, and scale a high-performing team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of professional experience in carrier sales, account management, logistics, and similar fields. Experience in carrier sales and steering large programs from design through implementation is highly desired
- 5+ years of management experience
- An ability to build partnerships with carriers, identify their needs, identify how we can best work together, and develop solutions to help them solve their toughest challenges
- The tenacity to roll up your sleeves and see ideas through implementation, supported by change management techniques, to drive sustainability
- The ability to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy and to develop strategy, and gain buy-in, for future innovations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy and tactics to a range of audience, including executive leadership
- High emotional intelligence and humility. Ability to collaborate and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders including shippers, carriers, and teams across all of Convoy
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!