Director, Corporate Development
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a strong, personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you aren’t interested in being integrated into the business, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. You’ll sometimes be a “one-person show” but you’ll work with our consultants on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are looking for a Director with M&A transaction experience to lead West Monroe Partner’s internal corporate development function. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of sourcing and executing transactions in corporate development, investment banking, or private equity. Excellent networking, sales, and financial analysis skills are a must. You will work with our Board of Directors to refine our M&A Strategy, source target companies leveraging a network of internal and external resources, evaluate potential transactions, create polished deliverables and deliver presentations to senior leadership inside and outside of the firm.
This is a highly visible role and a truly exciting and unique opportunity. You will be working with and presenting to the firm’s senior leadership including CEO, CFO, and the Board of Directors. Your work will have a direct impact on the firm’s strategic direction, top-line growth and profitability.
What will you be doing?
- Market Scanning
- Conduct / lead research into new targets and map/segment the national marketplace
- Attend industry conferences and read industry publications to stay on top of trends in the consulting M&A space
- Build extensive network of industry contacts to stay on top of trends in the consulting M&A space
- Transaction Sourcing
- Leverage and build a network of relationships nationally to secure executive-level introduction meetings to encourage business owners to consider partnering with West Monroe via acquisition, investment or joint ventures
- Lead all aspects of acquisition/investment pursuits – manage through the WMP Sales Process including:
- Qualifying acquisition targets – both internally and externally
- Create and drive outbound prospecting programs into new targets
- Attend industry conferences to introduce West Monroe to new targets
- Manage outside providers (e.g. investment bankers) on buy-side assignments to drive transaction volume
- Alliance Development
- Identify and develop unique alliance partners (e.g. investment bankers) that can drive targets to West Monroe Partners
- Transaction Execution
- Provide leadership of the acquisition pursuit/diligence process
- Work with internal partners to perform financial analysis, modeling and valuations related to M&A transactions
- Prepare deliverables and presentations for the transaction review process
- Lead the negotiation of transaction related documents (e.g. IOI, Term Sheet, LOI, APA/SPA, etc.)
- Continually review transaction review methodology to improve and enhance results
- This role will be based in our Seattle office and will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer
- Successfully manage the members of the Corporate Development team
- Successfully build internal partnership with senior leadership in the firm to source and execute transactions across functions
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- 15+ years’ experience working in a corporate development, investment banking or private equity a proven track record of success
- Extensive experience leading due diligences and M&A transactions
- Executive level presence with strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with internal and external executive management – including boards of directors
- Strong judgment and ability to creatively problem solve throughout the transaction process
- Strong sales skills with the ability to develop and maintain momentum throughout the transaction process
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA strongly preferred
- Able to work as a team player or team leader in coordinating and driving acquisitive growth processes
- Strong managerial adeptness with the ability to organize people, processes, manage stress and make effective decisions involving people
- Aggressive self-starter with ability to self-manage and manage others
- Ability to build momentum on transactions and manage project timelines with extended cross-functional teams
- Strong industry contacts preferred
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
West Monroe seeks collaborative, enthusiastic and professional individuals to join our success-driven culture. So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your muscles in a high-energy environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Think you've got what it takes to Accept the Challenge? Join our team and make us better.