Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to lead strategy at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Working within our Business Operations & Sales Strategy team, you will be responsible for setting critical strategy, sales process and prioritization over Customer RFP’s that directly impact Convoy’s success.
As a Director, Deal Strategy at Convoy, you will work to set long-term vision, while executing on short-term targets by coordinating efforts across the Demand team, Marketing team, Operations team, Product and Finance to bring your plan to reality.
In this position, you’ll leverage your strong leadership, business strategy, financial analytics, and sales skills to set comprehensive goals and a company-wide vision based on insight from data, while demonstrating superior communication and project management skills, and a high level of emotional intelligence to manage differing priorities and stakeholders across the company. You will be a key customer facing negotiator and responsible for overarching deal structure. We want you to be the bridge between the customer and the deal for Convoy.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build pricing strategy to determine and communicate new account acquisition and account growth goals for foundational Customers to drive overall company growth goals.
- Be the supreme negotiator and coach to sales and account management team members as we structure and present RFPs, Mini-Bids, Pilots, etc.
- Represent customer voice in pricing and deal structure process.
- Creatively define deal structures and customer targets that can maximize company margin and volume.
- Align internal stakeholders around Customer prioritization as well as financial strategy.
- Create both short term scrum support and long term strategic planning to support critical RFP’s. Where necessary, make improvements to these methodologies.
- Take a seat at the table with internal leaders including sales, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Establish key business metrics for tracking RFP success and Sales motions related to that success.
- Through analysis and business intelligence, Identify and effectively communicate key levers to accelerate growth.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, or related field
- Advanced degree in business a plus
- 10+ years professional/business experience leading strategic teams
- 5+ years freight experience required
- Strong Analytical skills: ability to cut through the noise and pull insight from data
- Experience managing teams in customer-facing sales roles
- Experience working with finance teams in high growth environments
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Own it.
- Ability to work through ambiguous scenarios and manage towards a creative solution
- MUST BE INNOVATIVE. Experimentation encouraged, supported, required.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!