Director, Key Accounts at Expedia Group
Director, Key Accounts
We are seeking a highly talented and experienced leader to develop our relationship with large global hotel chains.
In this role you will work together with the Senior Director of Key Accounts North America and also collaborate with senior leaders at Expedia, worldwide business units, business functions (Market Management, Connectivity, Finance...), and international business partners.
What You'll Do:
- In-depth understanding of the Hotel Industry, its key players and the way the landscape is evolving and assess their impact on the business
- You will support negotiation of major hotel chains renewals and quantitative and qualitative analysis support for the process
- You will effectively lead and develop a team based across multiple locations
- You will ensure the relationship with the Hotel Chains are fully optimized and deliver the expected value
- Implement best-in-class account management, and anticipate new long-term business models
- Ensure ongoing communication and work with cross-functional teams: Global Market Management, Finance, Operations, Connectivity.
- Support implementation and participate in the development of Expedia Powered Technology Products
- Monitor the business impacts of initiatives and develop an in-depth knowledge of products and build strong relationships with applicable regional leadership teams
- Understand value propositions of a diverse set of external partners in order to influence adoption of EG products and continued dependence on EG value offering
- Participate and act as a spokesperson for Expedia in industry wide events
Who You Are:
- 10+ years’ experience, preferably with strong negotiation background
- You have the ability to frame, drive commercial and numerical analyses, negotiate complex deals, and turn these into concrete insights, actions, and business improvement opportunities
- Advanced level competencies in analytical skills, appetite for business impact / execution, drive and influence
- Ability to mentor multiple partners and demands in a dynamic organization
- You will coach and provide recommendations to direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals
- Able to develop strong working relationships within and across multiple departments and/or functions within the company and across geographies
- Self-motivation and ability to drive success
- You have sound leadership skills: Ability to understand and drive organizational change; able to effectively develop strategic business objectives and influence others
- Aptitude for making organizational improvements to create and implement new cutting edge initiatives
- Strong commercial instinct and entrepreneurial drive combined with ability to be creative, take initiative and take risks
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on global trends that affect industry and organization
- Collaboration; able build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time
- Ability to display excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MY2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.