Director, Sales Development
Skilljar is seeking an experienced candidate to lead our Account Development team and help lead our pipeline creation efforts, in addition to remaining hands-on in the role. The successful candidate will lead by example - measuring, monitoring, and holding SDRs accountable for their daily activities, results, and professional development, while consistently crushing their own goals. They will work closely with the Sales team, collaborate heavily with our Head of Marketing, and partner with other various executives to increase efficiencies and improve SDR processes and systems, all while guiding a strong, cohesive, and collaborative team.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities:
- Train and optimize a team of ADRs responsible for inbound and outbound sales engagements. Successful ADRs are promoted to sales positions within one to two years, making hiring and training a particularly important function.
- Coach, develop, and mentor a combination of first time and experienced front line SDR managers to hire, develop and retain world-class SDR talent
- Refine the sales pitch and process to achieve target results (qualified opportunities for Skilljar account executives according to BANT).
- Provide daily, side-by-side coaching and call monitoring.
- Establish metrics and help the team improve by understanding their performance on a daily basis.
- Partner with Finance to compile weekly/monthly team reports, proactively working to improve the cadence and throughput of sales development resources.
- Partner with Marketing to manage the inbound lead flow and track the efficiency of sales and marketing programs.
- Oversee usage of team systems including HubSpot, Outreach, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and more.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing leadership to ensure the success of online marketing campaigns.
- Help create a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work.
- Be a thought leader in how Skilljar can bring our product to every customer-obsessed company.
- 3+ years of B2B Sales, Account Development, or Inside Sales experience, preferably in technology-based products and/or services.
- At least 18 months of Inside Sales Management experience and proven success as a manager (recruiting, training, performance management) in a fast-growth environment
- A solid understanding of metrics related to top of the funnel and pipeline dynamics in Commercial and Enterprise B2B buying cycles
- Experience selling into mid-market B2B companies strongly preferred (5 or 6 digit annual contracts, solution sale through RFP process).
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound teleprospecting technologies and tools.
- A deep sense of ownership, accountability, and passion for your work
- An ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing, and services.
- Infectious energy: energy that creates excitement, confidence, and pride for the art and craft of generating new business opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.