ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Director, Sales Effectiveness and Manager Development
As a critical member of ServiceNow’s Global Sales Enablement team and ServiceNow’s
growth strategy, the Director, Sales Effectiveness and Manager Development will act as
an integrating role between sales leadership, sales operations, marketing, regional and
global sales teams, and field enablement. This position is responsible for leading Sales
Enablement initiatives to increase sales productivity, optimize performance and help
field teams to understand how to maximize every customer engagement and help our
customers realize value.
This is a highly consultative and collaborative global role in which you will consult with
ServiceNow senior leadership teams to identify skill gaps, make enablement
recommendations, and lead an enablement team to build out programs.
This role will be responsible for a significant degree of cross functional collaboration
across the organization, including business units, sales, marketing, operations, and
regional teams. Through these engagements you and your team will collaborate to
develop plans to support the development, delivery, and assessment of enablement for
all ServiceNow sales (field) managers and selling roles (non-managers) in four key
1) Sales manager effectiveness:
2) Account hygiene, process and tools:
3) ValueSelling Framework ®(Our selling internal methodology)
4) Now Value Customer journey
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and comfortable with
changing priorities, can distill large amounts of information into simple concepts and
can build effective working relationships cross-functionally. They will have experience
working at a leadership level within an enterprise level software, media, technology, or
other complex intangible sales organization. A deep knowledge of the end-to-end sales
lifecycle for a complex selling engagement is essential.
What You’ll do:
- Lead, coach and provide direction to a team of Enablement Managers who create relevant, meaningful, and high-impact enablement materials, programs, and platforms for different personas within the sales organization.
- Work with key stakeholders at the management/executive level to assess and understand skills and enablement needs, define options, and translate them into actionable and measurable program objectives and goals.
- Assess existing programs, playbooks and sales effectiveness artifacts and determine necessary changes to optimize for ease of use, clarity of execution, and stickiness of learning and adoption.
- Build out manager only guides, meetings or trainings in a box, manager huddles, workshops, and other deliverables to build first line manager engagement and discipline to drive the behaviors that the Global Sales Enablement organization.
- Work with talent acquisition teams and HR to collaborate on leadership development programs that are aligned to the ServiceNow principles and existing people manager programs. Prioritize needs across multiple field functions and convert those needs into enablement programs that achieve measurable success.
- Be aware of and align enablement to the shifts in ServiceNow’s strategy as well as external shifts e.g., industry and competition and what’s required to adapt to those changes and challenges. Director, Sales Effectiveness and Manager Development
- Provide thought leadership and innovation to deliver enablement and programs in new and unique ways to improve time to market, learner time to productivity, and deliver customer scenario-based learning and assessments.
- Represent the requirements and needs of field organizations while influencing the direction of training activities, content, and assessments.
- Drive the successful execution of initiatives to ensure milestones and objectives are met while ensuring quality.
- Work with the communications team to deliver effective program communications that inform, influence and drive adoption of enablement programs and deliverables.
- Develop and manage detailed project or program plans that consider all requirements, constraints, resources, and deliverables associated with the defined objectives.
- Effectively manage risk, partnering with colleagues to ensure the right decisions are made at the right time, appropriate communication occurs, and plans are intelligently adjusted to reflect necessary fluctuations in goals and requirements.
- Leverage the change management team when necessary to ensure the successful adoption of broad and high impact strategic initiatives.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 15+ years in Sales Leadership or Sales Operations experience preferably in complex selling environments e.g., SAAS, digital media, or tech are a benefit for this role
- Experience in sales enablement, leadership development or training is desirable.
- An authentic commitment to diversity, challenging the status quo, holding others accountable, and making diversity and inclusion a priority.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentations skills: ability to garner support for new ideas and initiatives.
- A highly collaborative and unifying mindset that allows you to partner across of multiple groups, establish and build close working relationships.
- Influencing skills.
- Strategic and tactical skills needed to both define the vision and clear outcomes upfront as well as stay on track with milestones and project plans.
- Expert project /program manager
- Strong understanding of the day-to-day life of sales, including the stages of the sales process, buyer personas and tools that help reps be effective in their roles.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and leveraging tools of the trade, such as new training methods and practices
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.