Director of Sales, Retail- CPG at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:53 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Microsoft, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
Convoy is on a roll, and we’re seeing incredible success and momentum. However, for us to get to the next level and achieve our long-term goals, we must grow our business with enterprise customers by an order of magnitude. This won’t be easy, but with the right leader - someone smart, dynamic, and hardworking - someone who can learn, navigate, and eventually mold the freight industry - and someone who can develop deep relationships with senior executives at Fortune 500 companies - we can do it.
You are a proven and experienced sales leader in a high growth and fast paced environment. You have a proven track record of winning Fortune 500 customers in competitive situations, and building long-term strategic relationships with them. You have experience in selling to and leading teams that sell to Fortune 500 companies. You have led teams of 20 or more people, and are able to marshal your team to meet extraordinary goals. You can recruit, hire, and coach people in your organization to become incredible salespeople. You hold your team to high standards and are passionate about people development. You are tech savvy and also work well across an organization, forming strong partnerships with internal stakeholders, including operations, marketing, product, and finance.
You will take ownership of:
- Leading one of our largest Enterprise portfolios, driving both new customer acquisition and growth of existing customers.
- Developing a deep understanding of Convoy - our offerings and competitive positioning, and play a key role in establishing and nurturing long term partnerships with large enterprise customers.
- Being a critical member of the revenue organization’s leadership and influencing our story / value proposition, go-to-market strategy and offerings.
- Managing a team of highly skilled sales executives - coaching and challenging them to achieve ambitious goals, while nurturing longer-term career goals.
- Developing and executing data-driven sales processes (e.g. pipeline management and forecasting discipline).
- Building strong advocacy with key internal partner teams such as Legal, Finance and Product to accelerate deal velocity and growth.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years of sales leadership experience in the tech industry or transportation/supply chain industry (e.g. managing and building teams, demonstrated success in growing client revenue and customer satisfaction).
- Experience managing high performing sales teams, including salespeople who've sold to Fortune 500 companies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and influencing decision-makers and key stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence; superior peer relationship skills.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!