Director, Strategic Technical Account Management at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:34 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
Reporting to the Vice President of Worldwide Technical Account Management, this mission-critical role is responsible for leading and shaping how we engage our global strategic customers to drive demonstrable results for our customers with the Auth0 platform.
Strategic Technical Account Managers are responsible for some of Auth0s most strategic, named customers across the globe.
Balancing quantity with quality, this role will focus on providing a best-in-class experience for our customers. The role requires excellent strategic, analytical and business process skills in order to effectively grow and nurture our growing team and customer base.
- Mentor and enable the team to exceed company’s customer growth, health and retention goals for the portfolio of strategic accounts
- Work with the VP of Technical Account Management to help establish and manage goals and responsibilities for TAMs
- Lead a team of highly motivated, customer-focused Strategic TAMs to successfully guide the overall health and care of accounts (e.g., onboarding customers, adoption, expansion into adjacent business units, and successful renewals)
- Ensure the Strategic TAMs exceed Auth0 expectations in core knowledge, communication, and execution and also contribute to the larger TAM function
- Ensure the Strategic TAMs exceed the individual customer plans for usage, growth and advocacy,
- Challenge the team and yourself to learn and grow as trusted advisors to customers continually
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development, providing timely feedback and development assistance
- Identify and implement improvements to the processes and tools used
- Develop senior-level relationships with customersPartner with other team leaders to ensure the customer is supported in times of escalation
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering and Product to ensure alignment and shared understanding of goals, initiatives
- 5+ years of a proven track record in making customers successful post-sales
- 3-5 years of leading technical account management or sales engineering teams
- Experience driving software adoption, and building and scaling technical account management practices
- Experience with software development lifecycle processes and tools
- Knowledgeable with cloud technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker), IAM technologies, and/or cloud deployment models (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery
- Demonstrated ability to lead strong, technical contributors and successfully manage global, distributed teams across cultures, lines of business, and geographies
- Possession of a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstration of operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Experience successfully engaging and working with senior (C-level) executives
- Holds strong operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description