E-Commerce Sales Manager at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Sales Manager and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Sales Manager who is passionate about acquiring and growing a merchant base to sell products to our millions of consumers on OfferUp. In this role, you will help build and grow a team of salespeople whose focus will be on growing a new sales channel for OfferUp. You will be instrumental in partnering with Product, Marketing, Engineering and leadership to build and grow a new revenue stream for OfferUp and new selection for our Customers.
You must be a highly motivated person with a history of success helping set and attain monthly, quarterly, and annual goals/budgets. Past experience in hiring and growing a team of motivated and successful sales teams is required.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Establish a scalable sales process/framework
- While always placing the customer first, lead the team to Drive Results by executing daily, weekly, and monthly targets in support of operating objectives
- Support development of territory plans and report on them monthly
- Lead and inspire a growing organization comprised of Inside Account Executives focused on customer acquisition
- Hire and develop Account Executives and possibly leaders to support continued aggressive growth
- Understand and mechanize the inputs and outputs of the business
- Constantly strive to increase the team around talent, execution, process design, goals, and incentives
- Partner with Sales Operations, Product, and Marketing to test, measure, and execute acquisition ideas
- Take an ownership role in the continued build-out and documentation of infrastructure and process of acquiring and on-boarding Verified Dealers, balancing strong and standard execution with Simplification.
- Present results in weekly and monthly Business Review meetings to key internal stakeholders and executives
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 3-5+ years sales management and/or operations experience, including front line or second level leadership roles
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM
- In-depth understanding of the sales process
- Strong team management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
Helpful, but not required:
- Ad sales, SMB, Startup experience
- Past experience acquiring business to consumer Sellers or e-commerce merchants
- Proven ability to influence others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
- Knowledge or understanding of Gong.io, or Outreach
- Knowledge of competitors in online selling marketplaces
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.