Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
Auth0 continues to grow and so does the volume and complexity of the needs of our prospective customers. Security and identity management are now core concerns of every business. As a result we are building a dedicated pre-sales engineering team that will be the primary technical resource for all of our account executives. We will help engage the prospect where they have the greatest need and then fill that need through education and guidance to the best solution. Successful candidates will be located in North America.
- Deliver interactive presentations and product demos.
- Lead Q&A sessions to prospective customers in order to understand their requirements.
- Present to all levels of the organization - from practitioner to C-level.
- Engage with multiple business units including software engineering, operations, product management and business stakeholders.
- Whiteboard Auth0 solutions with customer architectures.
- Execute well defined, outcome focused PoCs for prospects.
- Maintain a broad and deep technical understanding of the Auth0 product line and the underlying technologies and protocols.
- Stay up to date on industry trends through self study, research, online courses.
- Proactive engagement in local and regional events evangelizing Auth0 as a presenter and attendee.
- Work from home with up to 50% travel within region.
- A love for our primary customer profile: the software developer and architect.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Expert in building relationships, listening and managing time.
- A desire to engage with the larger community by contributing to open source projects and participating in local events.
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with at least one backend stack (eg. node, java, .NET).
- Experience with a popular frontend stack (eg. react, angular).
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP).
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF).
- Solid experience with HTTP, with both HTML apps as well as REST services. This includes the ability to use the dev tools in a browser to explain HTTP traffic and an HTTP client (like curl or Postman) to interact with an HTTP service.
- 5+ years experience in pre-sales engineering.
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Read Full Job Description