Global Account Manager - Strategic Accounts at Expedia Group
Egencia: Business travel for the Expedia generation!
We are rewriting the book on how companies and their employees arrange travel. Unique in the market, we operate like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up but we are backed by one of the world’s largest travel groups - Expedia Group. Expedia has invested twice the amount on technology advancement in the last year than any of Egencia’s competitors and this means we’re growing, and growing fast.
The Global Account Manager, Strategic Accounts, is responsible for leading and managing the global client relationship with their portfolio of Strategic Accounts. This role acts as the client’s primary global liaison and will lead the Regional Account Management Team in strategic planning and delivery to ensure client’s business objectives are successfully mapped, aligned within the Regions and achieved. A key objective of this position is to develop multi-dimensional relationships with our clients, to ensure we are constantly reviewing the dynamic travel environment to providing simplified solutions for their World-Wide travel needs.We partner with our clients and mutually work to build and achieve key initiatives to support global consolidation and alignment.
Our Strategic Account base represents Egencia’s largest global clients, with over $45M in travel expense with a presence in more than one Region. In this segment of the business, the ratio of accounts to Account Managers is limited and determined based on the global volume as well as the complexity of client support.
What You Will Do:
- You will grow and retain Egencia's largest global accounts and strategic partnerships by ensuring overall client satisfaction with Egencia offerings
- Drive results through strategic planning; building and executing on global business plans in partnership with our clients
- Lead global alignment and consolidation with the Regional Account Management team, including the development of regional business plans and initiatives
- Create and deliver quarterly and annual Global Business Reviews
- Develop consultative relationships with decision makers at multiple levels of the client organization
- Liaise with internal teams and external Partners to manage and deliver clients requirements
What You Will Bring:
- 5-7 years of global corporate travel experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage across multiple markets and/or regional geographies
- The ability to drive actions and achieve results; leading both initiatives and projects to completion
- Capacity to build presentations and present information in a concise, professional and consumable manner
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Leading in a complex environment; driving simplicity in solutions
- Basic reporting skills, ability to build reports in excel and provide directional analysis
Who You Are:
- You possess commercial global account management experience, ideally from within a travel agency environment
- You ideally will have handled accounts above $45M in value across multiple markets and regions
- Strong working knowledge of North America Regions, including geographies, culture and business protocol
- Travel will be required at 40%+, ability to travel as needed both nationally and internationally
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.