Head of Sales
What are we up to at Tango Card:
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their business goals by making rewards and incentives easy and awesome. Our customers genuinely love working with us and it shows as we are in the top 10% of Inc’s 5000 fastest growing companies. We are backed by a stellar group of investors including private equity firm FTV (who led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
We have 2500+ live enterprise customers today including some of the World’s most recognizable businesses like Twitter, Google, Extole, Microsoft, Salesforce and F5. We also work with the top Gift Card brands including Amazon, Starbucks, Target, Walmart, Home Depot and over 300 more in 30+ countries. Our customers send millions of Gift Cards a month using Tango Card and we’ve facilitated nearly $1B of these Gift Card transactions since inception. Last but certainly not least, we proudly partner with many of the most respected non-profits in the country including the National Park Foundation, Special Olympics, and Habitat for Humanity.
Why work for us:
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the best companies to work for by BuiltIn Seattle. We are on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider for companies around the world, and to get there we need amazing people (like you) in sales, engineering, and support roles to realize this vision.
We foster an office-culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim org structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful in their role, whether this is the latest technology at their fingertips or going to conferences to learn about new industry trends. Our offices are designed for productivity and comfort with optional standing desks, comfortable pod-chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. With a company like Tango Card that is experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you really have the chance to create, own and grow your role.
Reward yourself, and join the Tango Card team.
Over the past 7 years, Tango Card has experienced amazing growth in the B2B rewards and incentives sector. Now, because of the expansion of the organization and the enterprise sales team specifically, Tango Card seeks a sales leader to take the team to the next level. The Director of Enterprise Sales is a key role responsible for leading the Business Development team and setting and meeting new revenue plans. This leader will lead an existing team and will lead by learning. The best fit for this role will inspire and educate team members and customers.
Reports to: CCO
As our Director of Sales, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the Enterprise Business Development team.
- Conducting monthly plan and reviews with each of the Enterprise Business Development team members.
- Coaching, mentoring and training Business Development team
- Establish and measure KPIs for the Business Development team
- Ensure key findings and best practices are shared across the team
- Hire new team members as needed to support Tango Card growth.
- Compiling and executing a plan to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Providing inputs to build quarterly and annual forecasts
- Crafting and implementing tools that help the existing team secure customer commitments quickly and efficiently, understand the net revenue and profitability of each customer, and quickly assess the impact to Tango Card (and to the individual salesperson) of each deal
- Fiercely advocating for the customer within Tango Card.
- Digesting and communicating customer requirements to the product team to help inform the roadmap.
- Articulating financial and legal requirements of our customers to internal stakeholders
- Establishing trust with our clients by acting as an ambassador of Tango Card within the industry, at trade shows and customer settings
Our ideal Director of Sales will have the following qualifications:
- You are a results-minded leader who knows how to capitalize on the diverse strengths of the people around you to succeed.
- You are excited to share your point of view in a thoughtful, respectful way without ego
- You have a proven and established track record of meeting and exceeding quarterly and yearly targets
- You can communicate complicated things in a simple and concise manner.
- You know how to engage others through storytelling.
- You are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing.
- You can establish clear and easy to use tools that salespeople use in their day to day activities
- You love customers and draw energy by interacting with them.
- You understand what it means to be part of a winning team.
- You are a proven successful negotiator
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things.
- You have 7-10 years of sales experience with 3-5 years in management
- Four-year college degree, MBA preferred
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive pay (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities, 401(k) 100% match of up to 6%
- Transportation stipend to make the Seattle commute just a bit easier
- Dog-Friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle
- Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
Tango Card is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we are strong because we are diverse.