We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
Zipwhip is seeking an energetic, motivated, and articulate team player to join our Sales team as an Inbound Sales Development Representative. In this role, successful candidates will play a critical role in Assisting the team by developing inbound leads (demo inquiries, trial requests, calls, emails, texts) and qualifying them based on business compatibility and several other criteria. Ideal candidates must have relevant experience providing an excellent experience for potential customers, while multi-tasking, prioritizing and managing time effectively.
What you’ll be working on:
- Perform all necessary Inbound Sales Development activities to ensure that customer experience is frictionless.
- Claiming and addressing all Inbound interest on time.
- Promptly enter the correct information to various programs and systems to build or update records.
- Ensure thorough communication with customers throughout business processes to intake correct information for data entry.
- Working across several systems, entering data, reviewing data, researching and resolving items.
- Understand specific customer use cases, handling appropriately, and adhere to the agreed routing and rules of engagement.
- Communicate with all levels of the Sales team ensure any new use cases and/or insights are shared.
- Adhere to work schedule and performance goals post-training.
- Maintain confidentiality of company and customer information under policy and regulation.
The skills you’ll need:
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service or technical support role. Preferred experience in an Inbound/Outbound Sales Development or Customer Service position.
- Salesforce experience.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Process-oriented, and experience using Salesforce.
- Ability to communicate clearly both on the phone and in written correspondence.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience of operating multiple systems and tools.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal.
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO.
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga.
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO.
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.