Key Account Manager
Who we are and what we do:
Zemax enables our customers to quickly bring new optical products to life through Zemax Virtual Prototyping: a collaborative workflow in which complete optical products can be simulated before ever manufacturing a part. Businesses using ZVP beat their competitors through faster times to market, decreased costs, and improved optical system performance. Zemax is the only company that offers optical engineers and mechanical engineers the ability to work together with fewer hand-offs and better workflows, which means optical products get manufactured faster without iterations of physical prototypes.
Zemax is the preeminent provider of optical and illumination design software to design engineers at over 7,500 companies in 80 countries across a wide variety of end markets including aerospace, defense, medical/life sciences, instrumentation, optics and lighting.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you get to work with a diverse group of passionate people developing products that are changing the way optical products are designed.
Who will love this role:
Zemaxers flourish in a team-centric environment and are visionary when it comes to what is possible through process improvements, automation and product management. You look at the challenging-but-achievable projects and don’t feel daunted, but inspired. You see change and experimentation as something positive, and enjoy being part of a team with diverse backgrounds.
We’re looking for people who reflect our core values by being: Driven, Constantly Improving, Problem-Solvers, Super Smart and all around Fun.
Be sure to check Zemax’s Glassdoor page for more about what it’s like to work at Zemax!
Sales Department Overview
Do you have high energy and love to win? Do you enjoy working with both your left-brain and your right? Well, then we want you on the Zemax sales team! We pride ourselves on keeping our focus on the customer and their needs, while at the same time creating a fun, challenging, rewarding culture to thrive in. We are looking for data-driven people when it comes to understanding pipelines and sales strategies, while at the same time able to be a part of a friendly, but competitive team environment. If you don’t like change, this is not the place for you! Only adaptable and flexible people who enjoy challenges such as rolling out new products and adapting to new sales strategies have what it takes to be a member of the Zemax sales team. If the above describes you, we’d love to hear from you!
Key Account Managers (KAM) are responsible for driving sales of Zemax products within a strategic set of assigned accounts. The KAM will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, discovery, negotiation, account care and will play an integral role in the overall success of the sales team.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in selling Engineering Software to Enterprise customers, winning new business through strategic solution selling while maintaining high customer renewal rates.
This important role reports to the Director of American Sales and is based in Kirkland, WA
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Execute a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within a strategic account
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high value needs across multiple functions and business lines
- Ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate business solution and functional value
- Define account strategies that enable sales velocity by partnering with Solutions Engineer and necessary internal resources.
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success
- Track all relevant sales activity using the company's CRM platform
You should have:
- Demonstrated strategic solution sales and account management success, track record of exceeding quotas; recognition, awards
- Minimum of 7 years’ solution sales experience or account management in software, preferably Engineering solutions to large/enterprise customers.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with Global 1000 senior line-of-business and IT executives, as well as operational managers
- Proven 'hunter' selling skills
- Passion for working with emerging technologies Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with, and effective execution of, a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Understands the difference between activity and results; solid work ethic
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with team members
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree or higher preferred
You will work in:
Zemax, LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.