Major Accounts Sales Leader
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
The Major Accounts Sales Leader is responsible for managing a team of Account Executives developing and closing new business (acquisition) within Convoy’s Major Accounts segment. This role is accountable for coaching individual contributors, exceeding quarterly & annual quota, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy, and helping their team drive execution with prospects in collaboration with internal teams.
This position is a people manager and reports to the Sr. Director, Commercial Business and is based in the Seattle office.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing company. You are a leader who is passionate about coaching and employee development, and have a track record of achieving quota. You excel in deal strategy, forecasting and pipeline management and are able to teach that skill set to a team. For the right person that can bring leadership, passion, drive, strategic thinking and collaboration to a fast growing market, this position offers the unique opportunity to have a profound impact on the success of Convoy, and build the customer growth needed for us to continue to be one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
You will have ownership of:
- Daily management of Account Executives in Major Accounts
- Analyze and report on key metrics and forecasts to senior leadership
- Assess sales activities and forecasts, determine sales progress and required improvements
- Ensure the team effectively leverages sales tools & systems consistently & in alignment with Rules of Engagement
- Coach team to develop their sales skills including vertical market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, & other necessary skills; while maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Inspire, motivate and enable personal and career development
- Identify, interview and hire sales talent and continually "raise the bar" with each new hire
- Be actively engaged in deals, partnering with team members to bring them to close
- Contribute creative ideas and best practices to help the organization become world-class
- Work cross functionally with Sales Management, Sales Operations, Marketing, Business Technology and Finance
You have the following skills and experience:
- A BA/BS degree required
- 3 - 7 years of direct management experience
- Excellent organizational skills (experience with Asana, Trello, etc. a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to develop and maintain internal relationships and build trust
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- You have proven experience and passion for coaching, motivating, and growing the people they work with
- You are a self starter; comfortable with defining goals, success factors, and key metrics for programs, and delivering against them.
- You have the demonstrated ability to be an inspirational leader, including building and maintaining strong team culture and morale
- You have strong analytical abilities with a background in planning and managing through data
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description