Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as a member of a rapidly growing team. You will be managing a team of growth-oriented account managers focused on growing our accounts and providing amazing service. You are a leader. You have managed teams and you know how to motivate and grow those teams. You hold your team to high standards and are passionate about achieving goals and people development.
- Drive revenue and growth within your teams portfolio of accounts
- Help your team to meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Recruit, develop and oversee performance management of account managers
- Partner with our Business Development team to assist in landing new customers for Convoy
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years in Sales or Account Management
- 5+ years of player-coach experience or direct managerial experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and influencing decision makers and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellence in account management, relationship development and account growth
- Proven growth mindset with success in convincing customers to lean-in to a partnership and growth relationship
- Demonstrated excellence in building and developing high-performing account managers and teams
- Exceptional data instincts; you manage your portfolio and identify opportunities through strong data driven insights
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Proven ability to uncover opportunities for growth and sell the vision to internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to thrive as a leader in a fast paced and ambiguous environment and lift up your team in the process
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence; superior peer relationship skills
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!