New Account Specialist
Smartsheet is looking for a high energy and dynamic New Account Specialist. The primary responsibility is selling to Smartsheet’s new customers in the SMB segment. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a complex sales cycle and be able to leverage industry insights and common pain points to help expand the initial deal with each customer.
This role reports to the Commercial Sales Manager and is based at Smartsheet in Bellevue, WA.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the features, benefits and application of Smartsheet’s products
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- Conduct needs assessment calls with specific prospects
- Schedule and run online product demonstrations
- Have a working understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling
- Prospect into and qualify trial leads and run a new business sales cycle from end to end
- Through deep discovery, identify the customer's business needs and present how Smartsheet is uniquely positioned to solve these.
- Forecast against monthly quotas and maintain up-to-date Salesforce information
- 1-2 years proven sales track record - preferably in a SaaS environment
- Must understand and know how to leverage each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
- Strong writing skills and excellent phone manner
- Communicates optimistically and enthusiastically about business opportunities and our future while acknowledging challenges and avoiding wishful thinking. Boldly tackles complex issues; helps others envision what can be; makes tough or unpopular decisions in a timely way and ensures others do as well.
- High energy and track record of excellence
- Independent, highly motivated, and success driven approach to sales activities and closing deals
- Proven ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Highly effective problem solving skills and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Anticipates changes in the marketplace and helps others understand customer needs, especially in emerging, vertical, or other growth markets. Focuses all aspects of the business on delivering increased value to customers as a competitive advantage, ensures strategic plans include addressing unmet customer needs.
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and an ability to understand new technical concepts
- A completed BA/BS degree
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
How we’re different:
Smartsheet's instantly familiar, easy-to-use interface means adoption rates are high and allows business users and their teams to solve real problems without IT help.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.