The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their Account Executive partners. This role manages the outbound campaigns of their sales division by qualifying active buying interest and identifying critical decision makers to successfully position the Outreach value proposition.
What makes this role different from our normal SDR role you ask? Outreach is focused on building a robust, innovative New Markets Team, enabling new customers across various industries. In this role your job is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for Outreach in our New Market segment. The New Markets SDR is responsible for researching and creating opportunities for new industries classified as “new markets”. This role manages the outbound campaigns by identifying, researching, and prospecting these markets we’re breaking into. This position will be responsible for understanding new market product fit, and identifying workflows, and new use cases.
The SDR is the primary profile that Outreach platform was created to help - you will be the expert on the product as you will live in it everyday to do your job! SDRs who establish high performance and are strong representations of the Outreach Core Values with have potential for new challenges and career advancement within sales.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- You’ll be using Outreach, Salesforce, Tableau and various internal data systems daily
- Placing 75 outbound phone calls and creating personalized email messages each day
- Prospecting into a variety of industries across all market segments
- Working closely with the New Markets AE team to understand and develop new industries to break into
- Gain business knowledge through researching how different industries operate, leadership structures, what their pain points are and challenges they face everyday
- Provide market feedback to company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development idea
- This is an individual contributor role that reports to the Emerging SDR manager, who values in-the-moment coaching, weekly one-on-ones as well as autonomy to allow you to own your success
- Successful previous experience working in a sales development role
- Experience using platforms such as Salesforce, Outreach, Zoominfo, and LinkedIn Navigator
- You embody our Core Values: We are hungry craftspeople. We have grit. We are honest. We take ownership. We have each other’s back no matter what. We’re one with our customers. We find strength in diversity and inclusion.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Self-motivated and internally driven
- Ability to translate ambiguous business problems - we're piloting new business uses here so you'll run into unchartered situations frequently
- Experience in prospecting into all market segments - SMB to Enterprise
- Curiosity comes naturally to you and you always ask questions to gain a deeper understanding
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status