Outbound Sales Coordinator at Trupanion
Trupanion is looking for a talented sales professional to join the Western Market as a Market Development Coordinator.
The Market Development role is primarily a B2B that works with veterinary hospitals. They are responsible for outbound prospecting, responding to inbound inquiries and providing remote demos to veterinary hospitals. They work closely with our field sales team to generate interest in Trupanion, explain the value of medical insurance for dogs and cats, and to gain the hospital’s commitment in recommending Trupanion to their clients. They support hospitals from initial engagement through onboarding, then pass off accounts to our Account Manager team.
Success in this role is based on individual performance in prospecting successful partner hospital leads to enroll into our Trupanion Partners Program.
Everyone in this role is eligible for an uncapped monthly compensation model based on individual sales metrics. Market Development Coordinators can expect to earn an average compensation of $40,000 to $50,000 annually, while top performers can earn upwards of $70,000.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- This is a phone heavy role. The right candidate can make 25-30 phone calls a day
- Excel in outbound strategies such as cold calling, qualifying leads and identifying decision-makers
- Leverage sales and marketing tools to follow-up and generate interest within prospective partner hospitals
- Ability to establish rapport quickly and easily to explain the value of our product to a variety of hospital staff members
- Host remote demos, webinars, and one-on-one training to hospitals
- Constant and effective communication with Field Sales team about hospital leads
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- 2+ years in Customer Service or Consultative Sales role with proven ability to explain the value of a product
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong phone presence and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, highly organized, and great attention to detail
- Comfortable with an inside sales environment – heavy outbound calling and lots of desk time
- Experience in effective pre-call planning, maintaining lead follow ups, and prioritizing tasks
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience in Veterinary Hospital preferred (but not required).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ZOOM. Preferred exposure to Dynamics CRM
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.