Partner Development Manager at Avalara
Avalara is looking for a Partner Development Manager to join a group of dynamic sales professionals. Reporting to the Senior Director of Sales – Emerging, this individual will drive new sales growth within the designated channel. Operating as part of a highly driven, high performing team, our Partner Sales Managers are responsible for selling’s Avalara sales tax compliance solutions and working with our partners to promote and increase sales to their customers. Avalara helps make sales tax compliance simple and automatic for businesses of all sizes and our sales team is passionate about our mission to help businesses achieve compliance by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
- Develop and execute against annual partner business plan/go-to-market strategy
- Execute on all elements of the demand mix (sales promos, webinars, email, communications, training, loyalty & incentive programs)
- Identify and develop next tier partners – graduate partners to established
- Manage deals varying in value and complexity through entirety of sales cycle
- Self-prospecting through managing and developing partner relationships
- Lead demos, partner webinars, and help with local partner education events
- Negotiate and close end customers who are using a variety of platforms
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience, finance degree a plus
- 3+ years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new customers/leveraging partner relationships
- Knowledge and expertise in the ERP, Ecomm, Billing or POS space
- Experience selling to “C” and “V” level Executives
- Documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas
- Consultative, solution-based sales methodology
- Knowledge of B2B marketing
- Sales experience with financial/accounting applications and/or hosted software solutions or the banking/financial services Industry is a strong plus
- Previous experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent PC and Internet skills, including experience using Microsoft Office, Outlook, automation tools and web presentation applications (Webex, GoTo Meeting, Placeware, etc.)
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Creative problem solver and quick learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion & influence
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.