Imagine ubiquitous 5G connectivity that will deliver on the promise of 4K video, augmented reality, autonomous driving, drone delivery, and super-fast inflight internet. These bandwidth intensive technologies of the future cannot take place utilizing current wireless and broadband network infrastructure. Pivotal Commware has developed a revolutionary technology called HBF or Holographic Beam Forming, a breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. This disruptive software defined antenna technology is revolutionizing wireless and broadband networks by helping network operators solve their biggest wireless access challenges – capacity and spectral efficiency. Our patented antenna technology helps wireless service providers squeeze every ounce of performance from their networks at the lowest cost, size, weight and power consumption available.
While Pivotal has completely redefined the physics and economics of providing broadband wireless access for consumer, business and military applications, we still need to tailor our technology for a multitude of compelling use cases. Looking ahead, our team will also be developing artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions to complement and enhance our fundamental technology. If you are passionate about what you do and want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you.
Pivotal is seeking a Purchasing Specialist to support the prototype production and scaling up of manufacturing for our antenna system products. This position will be responsible for putting processes and systems in place as well as executing purchasing from request, purchase order, order, receiving, invoice and closing the loop through finance. This person will be involved in working with different disciplines of the company including product management and engineering on refining product specifications as well as coordinating with internal teams and contract manufacturers to deliver high quality output with maximum yield. This position reports to the Manufacturing Operations Manager.
· Source new parts and materials
· Track orders to build schedule for prototypes and early production
· Reconcile invoices and receiving information with PO
· Reconcile engineering inventory stock and initiate reorders
· Communicate with vendors and co-workers to keep everyone in the loop regarding orders in process
· Reconcile and track finished good inventory that is stored onsite
· Monitor raw goods inventory at contract manufacturer
· Monitor finished good inventory stored at Contract Manufacturer
· Monitor component lifecycle concerns (EOL, NFND, Lead-times; etc)
· Coordinate shipping and receiving efforts
· Office inventory/supplies ordering (computers, desks, supplies…)
· Manage asset tracking
· Create and manage purchasing, inventory and receiving processes
· Work with sales and engineering to determine future needs and volumes
· Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field and or manufacturing preferred, business degree and related experience is acceptable
· 3+ years of relevant experience in Purchasing or Manufacturing as a Purchasing Specialist, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager or related title
· Experience in design for manufacturing with related products including required experience with electronics and hardware components for pcb based devices
· Experience with electronics component ordering required
· Strong initiative and self-managing skillsGood communication skills both internal and external
· Detail oriented
· Proficiency with Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
· Experience with one or more ERP, PLM, BOM system (currently we use Arena as our PLM system)
· This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description