Regional Vice President, SMB Sales at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking an experienced leader for our SMB sales team to help us build the Skilljar rocketship. As Regional Vice President SMB Sales, you will be primarily responsible for leading AE's to meet and/or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives. This role will hire, train, develop and manage a successful sales team that is passionate about acquiring new SMB customers, consistently exceeds quotas, and delivers the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be forward-thinking, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating growth-stage startup that has hundreds of Fortune 1000, mid-market and SMB clients on its roster.Are you?
- A leader; you encourage your team, as well as cross-functional partners!
- A coach; you care deeply about the success of your reps and managers providing mentorship which displays that no task is too small for you.
- A quantitative process thinker; you are comfortable testing/optimizing, see efficiency as a combination of process/technology and understand how to successfully execute campaigns/programs.
- A communicator; you’re authentic, a specialist at addressing issues in a way that leads to increased engagement.
- An executor; you have a bias for action and are known for proactively solving problems.
- Recruit, manage, train, and retain a high-performing team of Account Executives focused on the SMB market.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses in team members, and coaching appropriately.
- Giving meaningful steps to improve and track progress across weekly 1:1s with your team.
- Set and meet Key Performance Indicators and Objectives and Key Results with the Sales leadership team.
- Provide support for escalations and participate directly in sophisticated sales situations and negotiations.
- Support annual business planning process, including the development of go-to-market business plans and territory/comp/quota planning.
- 3-5 year track record of leading a sales team and meeting/exceeding individual and team goals.
- Strong virtual customer-facing and presentation skills with the ability to establish credibility with executives by showing confidence in evangelizing and selling Skilljar.
- Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbally and in written form) that can work with all levels and departments in an organization and get your point across in a concise and articulate way.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change - high growth startup experience strongly preferred.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona.