SaaS Operations Specialist
The SaaS Operations Specialist is responsible for activities necessary for the timely and accurate processing of sales quotes and sales orders, including resolving issues that prevent quotes and orders from being processed. Additionally, the Sales Administration Specialist is responsible for ensuring that quotes and orders comply with company policies, performing reviews to detect potential order errors, and identifying opportunities for order related system and process improvements.
- Assist in developing our dynamic sales process by proactively supporting the design and implementation of our sales processes and CRM
- Day-to-Day work with the Sales teams to build, refine, and deliver sales quotes.
- Partner with Legal, Billing, and Implementation to work through quotes as they go through the Negotiating Contract phase
- Be a “Consulted” party in the projects to streamline and make more efficient the Quoting, Business Term Review, and quote approval processes
- Simplify complex issues and effectively communicate in depth analysis to our sales reps and customers.
- Gather and report insights through data and business analysis.
- Design best practices and build recommendations.
- Drive knowledge and expertise in our other quantitative tools, including Tableau and SFDC
- Reduce bottlenecks to increase the velocity of the sales process and introduce sales automation tools where appropriate
- 2+ years of experience in a sales administration role for a company with annual revenues of at least $100 million – experience with SaaS, subscription, or other recurring revenue businesses a plus
- Highly organized and motivated to drive process improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively
- Highly proficient in Salesforce (dashboards, reports, validation rules)
- Comfort and experience in ambiguous situations
- Process-oriented, accountable and trustworthy
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, changing environment that is going through high growth while managing multiple priorities
- Proven success in achieving results through others and being a strong team player
- Computer literate; proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- A self-starter that enjoys working in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of sales operations experience, preferably within a startup or SaaS environment.
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce, Zuora and NetSuite.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.