Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the 10 fastest-growing companies in Seattle as ranked by Inc., Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will be responsible for your own pipeline of sales leads, expertly qualifying inbound inquiries, following up on marketing campaigns and proactively prospecting into companies in the mid-market space. You will work closely with Marketing and Sales leadership to deliver a qualified pipeline to the sales teams. You should be passionate about creating and nurturing relationships, excel at solving customer pain points using our technology and be excited to learn the ins and outs of our product to communicate value in every conversation.
What's the job really?
- Work every lead thoroughly. This is not your average outbound appointment setting role. Whether you are targeting a new outbound prospect through emailing, calling, and social selling or qualifying an inbound lead generated by the marketing team, we need you to take consultative approach to uncovering pain points and mapping them to Zipwhip's solution
- Play the volume game. This is a mid-market sale and your top of funnel activity will have a direct impact on your commissions AND company revenue. We need you to work quickly and efficiently while making every touch point count
- Be a team player. It's a team sales model and you need to work together to hit the revenue goals for your region. You will be paired with a sales team and together will collaborate with marketing to drive business in your territory.
What you bring to the table:
- You're not afraid of the phone, you've done an outbound lead generation role and know you want to do it again.
- You're passionate about the tech industry and leveraging software to solve business challenges.
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You're a team player who is excited about the idea of partnering with a territory manager and succeeding together
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices, located across the street from Safeco Field
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Complimentary access to a fitness center
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental
Zipwhip values a diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.