Sales Development Representative at Qumulo
About the Company:
Qumulo is the leader in Hybrid Cloud File Storage, providing real-time visibility, scale and control of your data across on-prem and cloud. Qumulo’s real-time analytics enable customers to understand their storage at a granular level, detect bottlenecks and accelerate performance. Built to scale across data center and cloud, Qumulo enables programmatic configuration and management of usage, capacity and performance. Qumulo’s innovative approach continuously delights customers with new capabilities, 100% usable capacity and direct access to experts.
See storage made simple at www.qumulo.com
About the Position
Qumulo’s Sales Development Representative will own the coordinated process of developing qualified pipeline in a target addressable market. This is accomplished by setting meetings with target contacts that result from running proactive multi-touch sequences into target accounts. These contact touch sequences make it possible to deliver relevant solution and use case specific content, that effectively generates the pipeline that fuels Qumulo’s revenue engine.
This position requires heavy outbound phone calling, strategic email composition, active listening skills, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration with Field Sales partners to generate new clients and maintain the existing customer base. The ISR will be expected to be data driven, able to self-manage their pipeline and report on touch activity, and stay thoroughly informed on all products and the data Enterprise Data Storage industry in general. They must have the maturity, confidence, and willingness, to roll up their sleeves and work in close partnership with Field Sales, Marketing and various other departments.
- Own prospecting activities, including Account, Contact and Lead management.
- Meet or exceed lead/meeting quota through email/phone/social based prospecting & qualification.
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including email/call scripts, audience segmentation and approach.
- Qualify interested candidates and arrange sales meetings.
- Deliver sales presentations when necessary.
- Track all relevant activity using SalesForce.com (including prospect touches (emails, calls, social outreach) prospect pipeline, Account/Contact/Lead/Opportunity details, etc.)
- Quickly learn the technical aspects of the product, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections, competitive questions and other FAQ's.
- Provide business acumen for prospects and strive to understand the business problem we are solving in order to best configure the solution and exceed expectations.
- Proactively manage your schedule, pipeline and campaigns in order to meet milestones and objectives.
- Collaborate successfully with Field Sales and Marketing to optimize team-selling productivity.
- Provide value added market intelligence to the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver above expectation results in driving pipeline revenue opportunities for enterprise software level deals.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct extensive call and email campaigns and navigate complex accounts.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Creative tactics to reach influencer and key decision makers within enterprise IT.
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in data analysis & sales tools use.
- Ability to share best practices, continually improve processes and messaging, and provide clear and consistent reporting to leadership.
- Ability to work independently & proactively in a dynamic and aggressive startup environment.
- Expected to attend regional events and be able to travel to client sites as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of recent experience in enterprise IT sales or tele-prospecting (SaaS preferred). We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast moving, high growth company with an opportunity to drive revenue growth and advance a career in sales.
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.