Sales Development Representative at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:07 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, February 27, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are sharp, agile, and energized with a desire to take part in the dramatic growth currently underway. In this role, you will make outbound calls to potential clients who have expressed interest in learning more about Convoy or appear to be strong potential customers based upon our general market focus. The Sales Development Representative qualifies prospective customers through targeted questions about their business strategy to include informing them about Convoy’s mix of technology and transportation services and ascertains the likelihood of the prospect being a good match for our services. Leveraging a mix of high volume phone calls and outbound email communication, this person will have a passion for delivering a strong first contact experience for future customers.
This position is an individual contributor and will report to the Manager of Sales Development.
- Rapidly respond to inbound marketing leads via phone and email
- Present a balanced approach to cold calling, relationship development, sales process, and appointment setting
- Drive awareness into lead prospect base through ongoing nurture via email and call campaigns
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover business challenges
- Build lead pipeline and regularly communicate with Direct Sales & New Markets to ensure alignment
- Share information about Convoy and ask questions about the prospect's business intentions
- Discern potential for purchase and schedule appointments with those who are of good potential to the Sales Account Executives to pursue
- Schedule appointments between prospects and Business Development Executives or Account Executives
- Record prospect information in CRM database
We're looking for someone who has:
- 1+ year in sales, sales development, or related field
- A BA/BS degree
- Professional vocal skills: courteous, well spoken, pleasing vocal tone, and polished in asking questions and sharing information
- Understanding of complex sales cycles and solution selling tactics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated by individual and team achievement
- Highly organized with ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Able to connect business needs to solutions
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Gsuite and/or Microsoft Office
- Experience in Outreach a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!