Sales Development Representative
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
Business Development at PitchBook is the engine that drives our growth and our Sales Development department is the beating heart of that engine. Our Sales Development Representatives are the first point of contact for the vast majority of our new business opportunities. This is a highly visible role that makes a direct and significant impact in our business.
Additionally, the SDR role provides boundless opportunities for both personal and professional growth. The SDR team serves as a launchpad to accelerate your career at PitchBook. For those driven to exceed expectations, career paths at PitchBook are endless. Every department at PitchBook has representation from former Sales Development Representatives. Because of our continued growth we are able provide learning and growth opportunities that would take many times longer at other companies.
Are you someone with a genuine interest in learning the complexities of the private capital market? Are you someone who is going to bust their ass day in and day out? Are you someone that loves to build rapport and relationships? Are you eager to help professionals, all the way to the C-Suite, find a product that can genuinely help with their key business decisions? Are you tenacious, outgoing, and a great communicator? If so, we should talk how you might contribute to the Business Development team at PitchBook!
Sales Development Representatives at PitchBook
- Love to prospect - they act as the engine of our sales team, revving up and warming up leads to be shared with our outside sales team;
- Work with a strong sense of urgency, which translates into activity with the expectation of making 50 calls per day;
- Are naturally and highly curious - they ask thorough and pointed questions, guiding potential clients through needs analysis and discovery sessions to qualify the lead and drive new opportunities;
- Have terrific prioritization skills - we generate a LOT of leads for the team to work with every month, and this team knows how to identify and go after the key customers:
- Act as consultants - our clients appreciate the value of our data for their needs, so we take the time to understand those needs and address them head on;
- Are stellar and professional communicators, both verbally and in their written works;
- Possess strong negotiation skills and can effectively close leads;
- Are self-motivated, dedicated, and driven to succeed;
- Love to meet and exceed goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Are team players with entrepreneurial spirits - they come up with and are willing to try new ideas to achieve greater levels of success;
- Are interested in financial markets or services, particularly private equity and venture capital;
- Generally have at least one (1) years of professional work experience, ideally in some sort of sales role;
- Have positive, aggressive, goal - oriented attitudes and mentalities and can be motivated both as an individual and as part of a team;
- Have a BA / BS degree, frequently in economics, finance and related majors.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.