Sales Operations Specialist at Ookla
Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking to hire a Sales Operations Specialist for our global sales organization. In this role, you will focus on executing highly operational activities to enable the sales organization. You will have critical cross functional responsibilities as you work closely with sales, engineering, marketing, and legal groups.
The ideal candidate will possess an uncanny ability to multi-task and independently prioritize their time to maximize business benefit. They will be able to interact effectively across a wide range of functional roles and problem spaces, and will possess tremendous attention to detail. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical groups across multiple geographies.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here].Expectations for Success:
- Provide assistance with contract administration and vendor registration facilitation during the sales process
- Coordinate, write and drive the completion of RFI/RFPs in partnership with Sales by engaging key departments while maintaining and improving an RFP repository and best practices processes
- Assist and coordinate with IT and Legal groups to assist with responses to client requests on data security and privacy compliance qualifications
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of data integrity and accuracy throughout our CRM system
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales and support process improvement
- Work with enterprise marketing team to support sales campaigns, leads qualification, and prospects list outreach
- Support other sales operations efforts as assigned
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or engineering
- 4+ years of relevant experience in sales operations, program management, or other related field
- Deep experience with Google Suite (extensive knowledge of Excel/Google Sheet is required)
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, detail orientated, and efficient in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement processes, procedures and policies, preferably within a sales organization
- Scrappy, able to deliver high-quality results in an ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment.
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Self directed, excited about rolling up sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Experience with Salesforce would be a plus
People come first at Ookla. We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks (some of these perks will resume when we can get back to the office). Our comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.