Sales Training Manager at Leafly
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:37 a.m. (PST) on Friday, May 31, 2019
HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the largest cannabis information resource in the world. We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Look For In Our Sales Training Manager
Leafly is looking for an experienced Sales Training Manager who will help us scale a world class, professional and process-driven sales team. We’re looking for someone who is driven to coach others to realize their full potential, ultimately helping the overall organization achieve its sales goals.
As a Sales Training Manager for Leafly, you will collaborate across the organization to develop, deliver, and evaluate sales training programs for both our Retail and Brands sales teams. You will be responsible for helping our team learn all areas needed to succeed at Leafly, including cannabis industry knowledge, product knowledge, technology tools, business communication skills and sales processes. Responsibilities include new hire education and ongoing coaching for all existing sales team members. You design and own training delivery through a mix of on-demand, live and in-field training certification programs.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
- Contribute to Leafly sales goals by onboarding, training, and coaching new members of our sales team.
- Build a creative and motivational new hire program to prepare trainees to hit the ground running.
- Be support for a new hires by shadowing them in their role. Provide a balance of encouragement, insights, and coaching to establish a solid foundation for their sales careers.
- Play a role as a coach/trainer remotely through weekly role-plays over the phone, providing accountability, creating goals and serving as a link to Leafly and the sales management team.
- 3+ years of experience working as a sales trainer in a fast-paced technology environment, cannabis sales experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success training inside sales professionals in a solution sales methodology, preferably Challenger or Sandler.
- Experience with training multiple sales team personas (SDR, AE, AM) within a sales organization.
- Highly process oriented, with the ability to create and document programs that scale.
- Experience working cross-functionally to analyze needs and leveraging subject matter experts to develop to those needs.
- Strong leadership; ability to lead and evolve the sales training program in a data-driven manner.
- Highly experienced with different training modalities, including on-demand, classroom, virtual, and video training.
- Proven ability to develop content around sales process, new product training and collateral, including video.
- Understanding of sales pipeline, opportunity management, and forecasting cadence and process in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description