Sales Training Manager
- Deliver sales onboarding and ongoing training of all customer-facing personnel (Account Development Reps, Account Executives, Account Managers and Solutions Consultants), partnering with Product Marketing on collateral and curriculum. On occasion, assist with other internal training needs within the company as appropriate.
- Define, measure and apply consistent data-driven training metrics to achieve company objectives, such as time to achieve quota and % quota achieved.
- Audit and maintain all training content, guidelines, and curriculum needed to support the above programs.
- Regularly assess sales training needs by observing individual performance/behaviors and collaborating with appropriate cross-functional area(s).
- Continuously improve our program with up-to-date best practices in sales training and enablement, such as certification and contests. Proactively consider and identify new strategies, tactics and vendors to raise the level of the team’s thinking and performance.
- Partner with Human Resources to create development paths for Account Development Reps for skills training, certification, and eventual promotion into other roles within the company.
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to ensure quality sales collateral and templates are created (case studies, sales deck, info sheets, etc) and sales reps can find and utilize the right content at the right time.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to work 1:1 with reps for ongoing coaching and development (e.g. call reviews) to demonstrate successful learning and on-the-job application.
- Partner with Revenue Operations (Sales Operations) to ensure successful adoption of sales processes and technologies in a fast-changing environment, along with measurement of results.
- 4+ years of experience working as a sales trainer in a fast paced technology environment, ideally enterprise software and/or B2B SaaS
- Demonstrated success training inside sales reps in a solution sales methodology, preferably Challenger or Command of the Message.
- Experience with training multiple sales team personas (ADR, AE, AM, Solutions Consulting) within a sales organization.
- Highly process oriented, with the ability to create and document programs that scale.
- Experience working cross-functionally to analyze needs and leveraging SMEs to develop to those needs.
- Strong leadership; ability to lead and evolve the sales training program from scratch in a data-driven manner.
- Highly experienced with different training modalities, including on-demand, classroom, virtual, and video training.
- Proven ability to develop content around sales process, product training and collateral, including video.
- Understanding of sales pipeline, opportunity management, and forecasting cadence and process in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven track record of exceptional project management and change management skills.
- A collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Startup experience preferred.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
The CompanySkilljar's mission is to empower Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage and retain customers. Leading global enterprise organizations such as Cisco and Verizon rely on Skilljar to accelerate customer onboarding and time-to-value. Backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the customer training platform of choice for enterprises. We are a professional and experienced team with roots from Amazon, and a fun work environment just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup. Come join our team! Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.