Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Zipwhip is looking for a Salesforce Administrator to support our growing team. This impactful role reports to the Director of Sales Operations. In this position, you will be working closely with departmental leads and partners to administer the system within business requirements.
The Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing efforts to improve the data integrity of our Salesforce instance. This position will work closely with functional leaders and subject matter experts across the organization to support initiatives and develop new business process. The ideal candidate will have a track record of bringing effective changes to users while remaining agile in their Salesforce development processes.
The Sales Operations team at Zipwhip is passionate about championing the sales team through process improvement and we are eager to bring an experienced Salesforce Administrator onto the team. We are looking for someone with the drive to create systems that organize, scale, and measure data effectively within our organization.
What’s the job really?
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new Salesforce requests.
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders on change management of new features/deployments.
- Maintain a Salesforce product roadmap that is updated and delivered regularly during data governance meetings.
- Build, test, and maintain complex workflows, automations, and processes within Salesforce.
- Support integrated systems including but not limited to SalesLoft, DocuSign, Zuora, Zuora CPQ, Ambition, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Marketo.
- Work closely with members of the Sales Operations team to execute projects that support Zipwhip’s strategic goals.
- Responsible for managing and editing Salesforce records and data.
- Manages user roles, profiles, workflow rules, reporting, and dashboards.
- Regularly perform data cleansing and database de-duping.
- Work cross functionally with Salesforce admins across the Zipwhip team.
What you bring to the table:
- Salesforce Admin certification required.
- 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce system administrator at a fast-paced SaaS company.
- Strong confidence in implementing new integrations in Salesforce.
- Experience managing multiple sandbox environments.
- Effective at executing change management with internal stakeholders and users.
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment as well as be as self-motivated teammate.
- You have a powerful sense of urgency when it comes to problem solving, a curiosity about data, and a passion for efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.