You: Possess a keen level of attention to detail and thrive in identifying and implementing process improvement. You are a team player looking to make an impact in your next role. You have a strong foundation in Generally Accepting Accounting Principles (GAAP) with specific emphasis in account reconciliation and month-end close.
Us: We are passionate about bringing our A-game to work every day and supporting our internal and external customers. We have a growth mindset, are curious, motivated and committed to ensuring our operations are efficient and effective. We are a cohesive and collaborative team who's always raising our own bar.
What we want you to do:
- Prepare journal entries, monthly accruals and account reconciliations including Fixed Assets, Commissions, Deferred Rent, Financial and Operating Leases and Foreign Tax Payable accounts.
- Review and approve cash and investments account reconciliations, including resolution of reconciling discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Prepare depreciation and amortization entries including asset register reconciliations with an emphasis on register maintenance for completeness and accuracy.
- Manage the deferred commission costs process in accordance with ASC 606 (Revenue Contracts with Customers) including the preparation of journal entries for monthly historical run out, capitalization and amortization.
- Prepare quarterly workbook to evaluate capitalization of internally developed software costs.
- Actively support the implementation of the new FASB lease accounting standard (ASC 842).
- Ensure intercompany transactions are properly recorded and settled on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and record consolidation entries to support the month-end close process.
- Manage day to day tasks for various entities including quarterly reports and providing data for the income tax returns.
- Lead process improvements initiatives.
- Assist other accounting team members to accomplish department goals and objectives.
- Support management efforts to establish appropriate internal controls and assist with the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Provide support for ad hoc projects.
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting or Finance.
- 4+ years of work experience; preferably with general ledger, month-end close and reconciliations in an ERP environment.
- Advanced Excel skills required, along with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Public accounting experience or CPA certification
- Experience in dynamic, rapidly growing environments
- Experience with NetSuite OneWorld
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, Apptio stock and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.