Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
We are striving to create a business that will last for decades. For that, we must balance forward thinking and bold steps with careful analysis and rigorous controls - and that’s where you come in. By helping us track our expenses and revenues against the plan and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, you can ensure that we don’t lose sight of the fundamentals because of our rocketship growth. Your work is essential to our long-term success.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
As a passionate, hands-on Senior Accountant you will be an intricate part of the finance team owning a myriad of high-touch responsibilities, both tactical and strategic. You will be a leader and mentor to your peers. Your focus will always be to ensure that we follow the highest levels of care and integrity, stand in compliance with GAAP accounting, and are aware of new accounting pronouncements. You will be playing a lead role on the team in the implementation and monthly review of the accounting team’s journal entries, accounts reconciliations, monthly close process and financial statements, billing, forecasting, and other responsibilities as appropriate for the role.
You will serve as the accounting subject matter expert and will provide technical guidance to the team, as well as improve upon the team’s accounting procedures. You will analyze key financial and operating data to improve the business overall, then communicate the data and your conclusions clearly to business owners. You will be responsible for unique financial projects and lead the year-end audit. You will be a senior reviewer of the team’s work reporting to the Director of Finance, who serves as people manager for the accounting team.
If you relish the challenge of growing a small company from tens of millions of dollars in pre-orders to billions in revenue, you’re going to have an amazing time at Glowforge.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 5+ years of experience
- Experience preparing and reviewing financial reports, reconciling account balances and analyzing the output of your efforts
- You’ve reviewed and mentored the work of an accounting team to produce high quality, accurate results
- You have a good foundation in financial reporting and GAAP accounting and can apply your knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures to solve issues that arise with skill and integrity
- You have strong Excel and accounting system skills
- You’re eager to develop a world-changing company with us!
It Would Be Nice If
- You have a CPA
- You have prior accounting experience with a start-up, a manufacturing company or both
- You have public accounting experience
- You are personally excited about what Glowforge is building
- You love making things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building; it doesn’t matter what.
Please send us your resume, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest here. We’re excited to meet you! This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
One more, very meaningful thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.
Read Full Job Description